The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Man made or not it is changing

Man made or not it is changing

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 21
  8. 22
  9. 23
  10. All
http://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/the-stunning-chart-revealing-australia-s-record-breaking-run-of-rising-temperatures-20190110-p50qk1.html
Lets not beat about the bush
It is hot, 34 degrees in my lunge room, for the fourth straight day
40 klm from the coast it is roasting
So what is the story, winters are colder killing trees that got to be 18 years old without loss
Can we, even if we claim it is not man made claim nothing is taking place
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 10 January 2019 11:35:14 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Do you actually remember what it was like last year? The year before? Any year since you were born?

It's Summer. An Australian Summer. Here in Adelaide we have already had 41 plus temperatures. Today it's going to be 39 - allowing me to be sure of getting my Winter dressing gown dry, on the line, naturally. Perfectly normal for this country.

There might well be changes in climate at the moment - after all, climate change has been occurring for thousands of years; the forecast is for a cold change next.

The fact is, even the smartest of people forget what previous weather patterns occurred, particularly when they are sweltering at the present time. The constant BS in the media, and TV images of harmless steam from factory chimneys being falsely promoted as 'pollution' makes people 'imagine' that they are feeling hotter than ever. Psychological warfare by the hysterics.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 11 January 2019 10:11:46 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Belly,

Thanks for raising this issue.

We had a 46 degree heatwave here in Melbourne recently.
Our car broke down in the middle of a busy turning
lane. The front-door-bell of our house stopped working.
Then Sydney touched 47.3 during a week-end heatwave.
And we're told by experts that this is a taste of things
to come. Our nights have become warmer. We're told that
water sources in the SE areas of the country have
depleted due to increasing population in urban areas
(rising demand) coupled with factors such as persistent
prolonged drought.

Here are a few links that warn us about the future:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-19/nights-getting-hotter-climate-change-has-deadly-consequences/9985340

And -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effects_of_global_warming_on_Australia
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 11 January 2019 10:34:42 AM
Foxy,

How about the chooks? Off laying, are they. Your car breakdown is more likely to be lack of maintenance than hot weather. Still got the old Statesman? The door bell - now that's a mystery.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 11 January 2019 10:38:01 AM
I have posted a report from our weather people
Not my memory's
Stunning that a poster who claims better understanding than us all, did not see that
Too that as the heat and cold, both part of projected climate change, is as recorded higher than the past?
Tell me, or try to, it is not man made.
I will listen
But try telling me it is not taking place, for what ever reason, and I will ignore you
THIS I KNOW, biases, blind unfounded claims to know more than others, any others
Signals a mind not worth exploring
Posted by Belly, Friday, 11 January 2019 10:38:10 AM
Foxy in life I am stoic handle most things with ease
This week has been hell
Not sure I will be around all that long
No air con, not enough money, but fans on full blast
Sleep about four hours, temp often low 30,s in house at ten or eleven pm
Battling to get out just to water garden
And they say we are not seeing change
Cooler today, 32 degrees now 11.42, in house even with fans on four of them
Posted by Belly, Friday, 11 January 2019 10:43:45 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 21
  8. 22
  9. 23
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy