The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > White South African Immigration to Australia

White South African Immigration to Australia

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Population group Narrow unemployment rate Broad unemployment rate
Black 30.0% 40.7%
Coloured23.5% 29.1%
Indian 9.2% 14.9%
White 6.7% 8.5%

Source: Statistics South Africa (Q4 2017) .

Hmm , they still use the apartheit racial sets.
Posted by nicknamenick, Sunday, 2 December 2018 6:01:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Come off it Shadow, trying to create smoke where there is no fire, nothing racists in my comments. Sure, I've attacked your boy Dud Dutton an overly bigoted racists himself for trying to recategorize a small group of South Africans on the grounds of their whiteness.

If as you say, and I don't doubt it, that this group of white South Africans are skilled, English speaking and probable immediate contributers to the Australian economy should they arrive, certainly it is a plus for them if they make application as migrants. However it doesn't improve their standing as refugees, nor should it. As refugees they would need to join your famous queue, you are always claiming people are trying to jump. Would you not agree? From my point of view they would be most welcome.
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 2 December 2018 6:30:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly,

I am not claiming that you lied, however, given that even the most odious of monsters in the Aparheid state system or the most active soldiers can't claim to have killed hundreds of blacks, the person yelling it out was clearly not telling the truth. Even if this individual had done this he would certainly not randomly yell it out to strangers. The only logical conclusion is that one of your lot deliberately needled him. As for racism, I doubt many Rohingya, have a broad minded and balanced feeling towards the buddists that persecuted them.

Secondly, given that the democratic transition started 28 years ago and the country has been a multiracial democracy for 24 years, since then the violence has been overwhelmingly more black on white than the reverse.

Finally,

Paul,

What you said was clearly racist, if you can't see it then read it again with the words black and white reversed.

I guess you threw in the word Aryan to link Dutton with Hilter again. Well considering that the detention centres in Manus and Nauru were set up by the Labor Green coalition, perhaps that concept of exile came from the more progressive soviet background?
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 4 December 2018 9:17:54 AM
"violence has been overwhelmingly more black on white than the reverse."
But is it more intensely black on white than black on black?
SA news articles give reasons for young whites leaving and there is no mention of racial targeting. The racial victim spin is in the eye of the beholder.
Posted by nicknamenick, Tuesday, 4 December 2018 11:51:51 AM
Now Shadow lets see who is being the racists, is it Dutton "White South African farmers deserve special attention from Australia due to the horrific circumstance of land seizures and violence".
Why is Dud Dutton only referring to White South African farmers, why not the Rohingya from Myanmar who are also suffering from land seizures and violence. Dutton used the term "white" to distinguish a very small group of 400 from the millions of refugees world wide. Why is that Shadow?

"Aryan to link Dutton with Hilter". Shadow, I don't have to link Dutton with Hitler, he does a good job of that himself.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 4 December 2018 3:47:50 PM
Paul,

Up to now the Aus government has not given White farmers trying to flee racially sponsored violence in Zimbabwe or South Africa any more consideration for immigration than a British banker. The rohinga can at least apply for for asylum and get on a waiting list, yet for the farmers there is not even that available.

The second issue is that bringing these farmers to Aus will boost the tax base and generate increased income to pay for the welfare of Australians rather than being a huge financial drain.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Sunday, 9 December 2018 12:27:22 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy