The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Disabled parking permits

Disabled parking permits

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
My apologies I gave the wrong link.

Here it is again:

http://a4.org.au/node/278
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 4 November 2018 12:16:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
When reserved parking places are increased sufficiently to take care of all the new applications, where will the rest of us park?

I have problems with my legs, but as walking, as an exercise, is part of the treatment I don't qualify, however, I did have a permit for a while, whilst my wife was on crutches for a foot injury; it was mightily convenient but was only used when she was in the car as, being a nurse, she was against any improper use of the permit, (not that I wasn't tempted!!).
Posted by Is Mise, Sunday, 4 November 2018 12:58:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Is Mise,

Your wife sounds lovely.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 4 November 2018 1:47:15 PM
What a surprise! Belly is unable to give reasons why an autistic person should be given a disabled car park permit.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 4 November 2018 2:00:57 PM
IF our author is still around please do not let the rude dude put you of.
As you will know, just about any one will too, the illness can bring about great fear and often the simple act of walking in a crowd can hurt , even bring on some thing much worse
I know a couple of heros who love their child and want to help in every way.
Intelligent thought would say targeting those who use them without the right to are the ones we should target.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 4 November 2018 2:23:39 PM
Still no answer, Belly. You don't know what “just about anyone knows”. Where does your claimed knowledge of autism come from. What do you actually know, given that you left school very early and cannot read very well, given your posts. You “know a couple of heros who love their child and want to help in every way.” What does that mean? What relevance does it have to your claimed knowledge of a very complex condition like autism. Then you go off on “targeting those who use them without the right to are the ones we should target”, whatever that means. People with autism no longer have the right.

All I requested of you was to explain your unsupported statement: “ ….that a person with autism should have a disabled parking permit?”

You clearly do not have a clue. You just think it would be ‘nice’.

I have to say that I don't know why ‘Autismum’, not a regular poster, engaged OLO with her problem in the first place, just to get platitudes and sympathy and no useful information whatsoever. The authority concerned has told her what the situation is, and that should have been the end of it. We don't even know where the woman lives. What on earth did she think she would get from us! Perhaps, like many people, a bit of a whinge helps in some way: as it is with people sounding off on talkback radio? No matter what the reason, she will not have a permit to park in disability parks. End of.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 4 November 2018 4:24:29 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy