The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Steady 8 % Growth in Indigenous Uni Performance

Steady 8 % Growth in Indigenous Uni Performance

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. All
//my (ALTRAV) history is already out there, so think back and put all those comments and details together and you will not say or believe what you state.//
Assuming I read all the rubbish you post about yourself, which I do not. Judging by your off the planet opinions, you're not that bright.
You resort to name calling, "you neanderthal", "you low class moron", "pricks like you" which demonstrates a decided lack of intelligence on your part.

//You've got more patience than me.// Foxy, I always apply the armadillo principle and take no notice of what a wannabe Nazi like ALTRAV has to say.

From his own trumpet blowing he sees himself as a cross between Albert Schweitzer (great humanitarian) and Winston Churchill (great political leader), unfortunately something went wrong with the mating, and all we got was another Daffy Duck.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 6 November 2018 5:28:56 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Paul,

I was going to type what the author JK Rowling once
wrote in response to a troll on social media - to make
you laugh regarding our resident self-opiniated poster,
however after re-reading it I found that it's too rude
for a public forum such as this one. The best we can do
I guess is simply ignore him. He wants a platform and to
divert discussions. Don't give it to him.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 6 November 2018 9:35:36 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks, Paul.

Another couple of intriguing data:

* In 2017, out of 426,371 domestic Australian commencements, 246,935 were female (i.e. 58 %). Indigenous female commencers numbered 5,780, or 2.34 % of all Australian domestic female commencers; and the equivalent of 3.4 % of all Australian domestic's male commencers.

[This might partly explain Alt Rave's whinge about white males being excluded and dreadfully mistreated by the university sector].

2.05 % of all Australian domestic commencers were Indigenous.

* In 2017, 1.8 % of all domestic university enrolments were Indigenous. 2 % of all Domestic female enrolments were Indigenous.

Still a long way to go, especially because (I suspect) very little effort is being made by Indigenous staff at universities to publicise, promote and recruit Indigenous students from the outer suburbs, rural and remote areas. Turnstile universities simply count all those Indigenous students from Year 12 who do all that themselves, and owe support programs nothing. I'd except Charles Sturt, Griffith, QUT, Newcastle, CQU and James Cook from that assertion.

Cheers,

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Tuesday, 6 November 2018 9:41:25 AM
Dear Joe,

It is heartening though as you point out, even though
there's still a long way to go. However these achievements
should be publicised. Why do we only hear about the bad stuff
in the media? You'd think that good reporting should also be
part and parcel of investigative journalism.

Young people need role-models. Look at the problems of the
young Sudanese. Everything appears so bleak there.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 6 November 2018 10:12:32 AM
Dear Foxy,

Publicised ? Yes, indeed. Higher ed should be an eighth target for 'Closing the Gap'.

Just let me know when you ever see any report or comment on Indigenous higher education by Indigenous higher education 'leaders'. Sometimes over the years, I've sent them the data, but I think I've only ever received one response. Possibly, they can't read Excel spread-sheets, those are such white-fella inventions. Possibly, their reasons for not responding are more 'complex'.

Love,

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Tuesday, 6 November 2018 11:02:26 AM
Dear Joe,

There's nothing more that you can do - and you're doing
plenty as it is. Your family must be very proud of you.
They should be.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 6 November 2018 11:06:00 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy