The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > A Fair Go From The ABC?

A Fair Go From The ABC?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. 14
  10. All
The ABC has defended its decision to have Gemaine Greer on Q&A on Monday 16th September despite her recent comments on rape and the #MeToo mob. Wow! The ABC defending itself for giving the nod to freedom of speech not approved of by the Left and feministas on their biased program. Greer banned from the Writers' Festival, but OK for their ABC. The ABC was quick to say that it didn't mean that the agreed with her views.

Whatever next? Cory Bernardi as guest compere interrupting people he disagrees with, as per Tony Jones?
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 15 September 2018 9:51:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If you don't like the ABC why watch it?
People with a brain have long since realised, it's a complete waste of space.
Posted by diver dan, Saturday, 15 September 2018 4:37:38 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Not sure if I agree with Germaine Greer on this and I can understand the fears of women. But it's good to have a fresh view on this. I need to read much more to have a proper opinion.
Posted by Canem Malum, Saturday, 15 September 2018 5:10:42 PM
dd,

I didn't start this for a chat on liking or disliking the ABC. It's a big tick for the ABC as far as I'm concerned. Poor old Germaine is not very popular with their side of politics these days. Banned by the Writers' Festival, reviled by the Feminazis and the Left media, she's looking a bit sad.

CM,

I quite like the old bag in her old age, even though I don't think we could talk politics.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 15 September 2018 6:53:20 PM
Wasn't this old battle axe one of the loudest screamers for left-orientated social change ?
What does she think now of the mess she helped to heap on us ?
Posted by individual, Saturday, 15 September 2018 8:04:30 PM
Ttbn
...I appreciate you were making a point about an apparent change of direction with the ABC on this topic; but with the stroke of a pen the whole sad bedraggled enterprise could be sold off. What a joyous occasion that would be.

What would Rupert Murdoch do with it? He'd at least make it watchable!
The American version of the ABC is a fully private concern. It is as ranting left wing as our own outfit. There are a cohort in society who will support this crap, and put their money into it. That's how it should be with the Australian version. But as you have often said, "but for our gutless politicians, there go we"..
Posted by diver dan, Saturday, 15 September 2018 8:15:29 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. 14
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy