The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > So Waleed is at it again, defending the un defendable

So Waleed is at it again, defending the un defendable

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. All
Foxy,

You live in Melbourne, how about taking a night-time stroll in the affected areas, have a chat with the locals and give us a first-hand report.
Posted by Is Mise, Friday, 20 July 2018 5:34:30 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Is Mise,

My husband and I -
go out to the theatre, movies, or our favourite
restaurants at night. And that hasn't changed for us.
We haven't had to curtail any of our activities
in our beautiful city of Melbourne.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 20 July 2018 6:10:43 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear o sung wu,

I'm going to broach this subject in a measured manner because I personally know relatives of Damian Eyre, one of the victims of the Walsh street killings of two Victorian policemen in 1988.

A tit for tat killing spree including the Russel Street bombings had been going on for years. Victorian police had been stepping outside the bounds of 'professional policing' for many years and the animosity between them and some of the criminal families had dramatically escalated.

Indeed some of the killings by police during that period had bordered on extrajudicial.

It took a commissioner in Glare to put an end to the escalating violence.

Thinking that police stepping outside their rules of proper procedure will fix a problem is a luxury for the general populace. But it is one that can end police lives.

A good part of accepting any law by the criminal classes is knowing that it is not arbitrary, not up to the whim of a particular officer.

Professional policing not only is proper but it protects those tasked with protecting our communities.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Friday, 20 July 2018 6:24:54 PM
Dear Is Mise,

I am often in Melbourne and am more than happy to walk its streets and visit its restaurants without apprehension, including some of the less salubrious venues,

If you want to pick the locale and establishment I will endeavour to visit and report back
Posted by SteeleRedux, Friday, 20 July 2018 6:28:24 PM
Foxy, you are missing the point of my thread.

Aleed himself said that while these people only make up 0.9% of the population, their crime rate is ten times that, or 1% of the crimes.

Only going off what he actually said.

Now imagine how bad crime would be if the other 99.1% committed crimes at the same rate per capita.

Please don't bury your head in the sand, many of these people at best arrived uninvited, at worst, illegally. In my view a single serious crime and you're out.
Posted by rehctub, Friday, 20 July 2018 8:36:05 PM
//Foxy, you are missing the point of my thread.//

Is she, though?

I can't claim to be one of these people who 'don't see colour', but I suspect that when I'm on the receiving end of a stabbing the last thing I'm going to be worried about is the race of the person stabbing me. When you've got three inches of steel in your abdomen where it really ought not to be, I expect that you'd have more pressing concerns on your mind.

At the statistics are unequivocal: it's vastly more likely that it's going to be some iced-up bogan that leaves you bleeding in the street than a Sudanese gang member. Therefore, to the rational man, you should have more fear of the iced-up bogans. I certainly do. Those f&^kers are everywhere, and they'll just stab you for no reason.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Friday, 20 July 2018 9:00:18 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. All