The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Romanovs

The Romanovs

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. All
I'm a day or two late but 17 July was the centenary of the murder of the Romanov family by Bolshevik soldiers under the orders of Lenin.

Unlike other Europe monarchs who we executed after a revolution, the Romanovs weren't given a trial and the entire family was destroyed. Clearly a haemophiliac 14 yr old boy and his sisters were a great danger to the worker's paradise. OTOH it wasn't quite a paradise for those workers who attended the Romanovs out of loyalty. They were also executed.

The executions were particularly brutal with the entourage being shot, clubbed and bayoneted to death. The bodies were stripped and buried in secret.

The murder of the Romanovs was done in secret, as with most of the Soviet murders such as those on the Siberian tundra or the Katyn forests.

Centenaries like this would normally be noted and various documentaries made, but anything that puts the Bolsheviks and/or Lenin in a bad light, is generally sent down the memory hole.
Posted by mhaze, Wednesday, 18 July 2018 6:50:27 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
MHaze,

I wonder if Trump brought this up in his in-depth discussion with Putin, on the anniversary itself ? Perhaps it slipped his mind, he had so many in-depth issues to discuss. Not to mention double netagives to work on.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Thursday, 19 July 2018 9:30:38 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
A minute-by-minute breakdown of how the doomed Russian Tsar and his family were executed, as his daughters had their agony prolonged when bullets failed to kill them due to diamonds sewn into their tops

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5960717/A-minute-minute-breakdown-doomed-Russian-Tsar-family-executed.html

I have not read it yet just saw it Tuesday, seemed appropriate to post link.
Posted by Philip S, Thursday, 19 July 2018 10:52:22 AM
mhaze,

Thank You for bringing this to our attention.

I have a family connection to Russia. My grandmother,
was from Russia. She met grandad (a Lithuanian) who
was in the Tsar's army. They married in St. Petersburg.
And moved to Lithuania. Eventually migrating as
Displace Persons after World War II - with my
parents to Australia. They fled from the Soviet Regime.
Dad's brother was brutally tortured and killed by the retreating
Red Army in the infamous massacre in the forest of
Rainiai in Lithuania. Today, there's a famous monument that
has been built in Lithuania for those massacred in Rainiai.
You can Google this information.

Anyway, it's not surprising that there's no mention of the
Romanov murder today. The West maintained a shroud of silence
for so many years concerning the occupation of the Baltic
States. Even today Putin is still looking hungrily at the
States. Trump did not raise any issues with Putin in Helsinki.
Nothing - concerning the Ukraine, Crimea, or the future
of the Baltic States. Russia has never owned up to any
acts of any atrocities it has committed. It is especially sad
that a US President is currently being manipulated by an
adversary that he should not and cannot trust. It begs the
question - what does Putin have on the US President?
And is it grounds for impeachment?
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 19 July 2018 11:40:57 AM
Here's one they prepared earlier:

http://www.netflix.com/au/title/80145290

I haven't watched it yet. I may never get around to it, as I advise potential viewers that this documentary is rated LW for Lucy Worsley, which means you'll have to put up with her annoying diction all throughout. It beggars belief that anybody ever thought she'd make a good narrator for anything. It's a shame, because the BBC does decent history documentaries.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Thursday, 19 July 2018 12:11:52 PM
yes read just about everything I can find on this a common thing I noted was poorly educated idiots who both ordered and did the killing in the end became greedy users of the very people they told us they served in the end their country became the criminal cartel it is today
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 19 July 2018 12:42:44 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy