The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > University Bigots

University Bigots

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 10
  9. 11
  10. 12
  11. All
Shadow Minister,

It is important to make room for different views on any subject.

It is also important to know something about the backgrounds
of an author when reading what they are saying. It may give an
indication as to why they think the way that they do. Also
there's always two sides to every story as you have pointed out
many times regarding the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. And
trying to see both sides helps us understand things better.

Regarding the Macquarie University incident- the fact remains
that the man was invited. He did speak. The rest I feel simply
got politicised. Each side hoping to score points to their own
advantage.

Nothing new there.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 2 July 2018 1:44:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Shadow,

Foxy is like a blowfly with a turd. She is different from other blowflies in that she brings her own turd and dumps it on posters, buzzing around in the mistaken belief that she is the font of all wisdom.

Not that long ago, she accused a conservative poster of 'stalking' her. She also intimated that the poster could be in strife for bullying her.

Little Miss Nasty frightened him off, and he hasn't been heard of since, leaving her doing exactly what she accused him of doing, regularly and boringly. There is nothing to be gained by trying to reason with her.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 2 July 2018 1:59:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ttbn,

That is simply not true. The poster that you're referring to
was asked numerous times to stop harassing me. He was relentless
in his not only stalking me, but in his attacks on me. I pleaded
with him many, many times. He was also the reason Belly left.
I finally told him that what he was doing was cyber bullying and
that this was a criminal offence. All he had to do was stop.
He chose to leave. His choice not mine - and what I asked of him
was very simple - stop the bullying. He preferred leaving.

You have no right to accuse others when your own behaviour is
so toxic and nasty. And deserves the responses that you get
and fully deserve.

Put your money where your mouth is - lead by example.
Then perhaps people's attitudes just may change towards you.
But I suspect - you're not capable of doing anything apart
from attacking, complaining, and carrying on - with posters
whose views don't agree with yours.

So keep on doing what you're doing and you'll keep getting
what you've got.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 2 July 2018 2:35:01 PM
Foxy,

That a Jew points out antisemitism on campus does not make it any less racist.

Avi Shavit is one of the pre-imminent global experts on cybersecurity and was invited to speak on that subject, not on middle east politics, and was boycotted because he was an Israeli Jew and not because of his views.

That Sydney Uni SRC could lionise a suicide bomber is way beyond inappropriate, and yet another indicator of how antisemitic the left is becoming.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 2 July 2018 3:04:10 PM
One of the on going theories is that bigotry can be resolved through education. But one problem is who is doing the educating? Will one form of bigotry be traded for another form of bigotry? Colleges and universities have been critized for training the young to accept their form of tolerance and radicalizing the same young against anything else that stands against their progressive, consertive, or otherwise views. (More colleges being more on a progressive stance then a conservative stance).

In my opinion education does wonders on many aspects of a person's training in life, and their reactions in life. Both in work and in general life situtions. But to remove a kind of bigotry entirely I think needs a certian branch of education. History. Expecially history of your own people, your country, and the roots that they came from. With an accurate state of history, people can see the present through the struggles of the past. For this to occur though and not just trade one kind of bigotry for another the history lessons should be in depth enough to see the successes of the past and the crimes. Let your history of your roots (whatever those are) be both something to be proud by, and humble because of it's faults.

Then the issues that come to us day by day won't be colored as easily for or against people based on predjustices. From a class on cyber security, to politics and social beliefs, to a stance on justice and crime, being both proud of your people and humbled by it's history.
Posted by Not_Now.Soon, Monday, 2 July 2018 3:06:04 PM
There you go. It's always someone else who is wrong, never Foxy. I repeat, there is no point in talking to her (if it is a her).
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 2 July 2018 3:27:48 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 10
  9. 11
  10. 12
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy