The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > TRUMP INVITES PUTIN TO THE WHITE HOUSE.- GOOD THING OR NOT?

TRUMP INVITES PUTIN TO THE WHITE HOUSE.- GOOD THING OR NOT?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. 15
  10. All
I read a few days ago that apparently American President
Donald Trump has invited the Russian leader Vladimir
Putin to the White House when he rang the Russian leader
to congratulate him on winning the election.

Are they going to play golf in Florida. Are they going to
divide any "real estate" together? (joke), will they play
any "war games?" or even send rockets into the stratosphere?
Or will it all be "fake news?" Trump style?

So many questions?

What do you think? Any ideas or suggestions?
Opinions please.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 9 April 2018 10:35:09 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Foxy, my opinion ?

Good thing I think, for the issue of global peace, at least on the European side. He's really got the Chinese p#ssed off with him over tariffs.

But... the neo-con military industrial complex folks won't like it one little bit!
Trump is seen as a threat to their profits, & the Obama/Bush/Clinton Liberals will be seething.

It would not surprise me if poor old Donald "got the bullet" JFK style before too much longer....perhaps a dodgy nerve agent sanga at the knees up with Vlad is more their style ?
Posted by Albie Manton in Darwin, Monday, 9 April 2018 11:43:14 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy if you could just shed your left colours glasses for a moment, you might be able to see what a brilliant job Trump is doing for the average working class yank, as distinct from the elites.

Trump & Putin getting together is great. They are both very smart hard working people, who might find they, & their countries, have more in common than they have differences.

There is a pretty good chance they will find a lot of common goals, & can work together to achieve them. We would all benefit if they can.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 9 April 2018 11:51:32 AM
Trump? I'm sick and tired of hearing about Trump. Our own 'leader' has just lost the 30th poll. The Coalition is like a rabbit in a spotlight. The alternative Shorten makes Joe Stalin look like a conservative, and Australians want to talk about a foreigner we can't do a thing about. Weird!
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 9 April 2018 11:58:06 AM
The only thing about Trump of interest to me as an Australian, is that I would prefer him to the rubbish politicians we have any day.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 9 April 2018 12:01:17 PM
ttbn, as I've said before, most Aussies don't care about their own country, we are apathetic beyond contempt for the majority.

If it doesn't involve the cost of a schooner at the local pub, the price of a carton of Winnie Blues, or the score at yesterdays AFL/NRL game, most Aussies would not know a buffalo was up them until it pulled out and its horns rubbed their ears.

When I try to explain about this to people, they more often than not will reply with some 'rights' that we have as Australians, that this or that is in "our" Constitution, but when they elaborate on this it is the American Constitution they are quoting. Say for instance the 2nd Amendment (regarding guns etc). Many children know where Nebraska is, but would not know where Wyalkatchem in WA was.

This is what our minders want...dumbed down, ignorant and compliant drones who believe what is shown on TV every morning and evening. Unquestioning imbeciles who will vote Labor or Liberal or Green.

It is a sad commentary and a reflection on contemporary Australia that we have become so.

But what if Putin & Trump meet ? Would it not be a momentous event in history if their differences could be put aside and the common goals of all Americans & Russians could be celebrated ? That the threats of some nuclear event could be forever taken away ?

Yep and I just fell off my Unicorn with laughter. I can hope that some good will come of it, but I doubt that the vested interests will ever let it go ahead.
Posted by Albie Manton in Darwin, Monday, 9 April 2018 12:39:58 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. 15
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy