The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Arpartheit for Hospitals

Arpartheit for Hospitals

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. All
Foxy,

“Dear ttbn,

Your posting record speaks for itself.
Nothing more needs to be said.”

Well, I should jolly well hope so: that's what it's all about. What a strange thing to say. What does your posting record speak for? The ABC, Fairfax, Google – all things to the Left?

I must say that I'm glad that its always a woman, Big Nana in the this case, who talks you to a standstill. No accusations of misogyny or bullying possible.

“This one for me has run its course”, as you always say when your run out of hot air.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 8 April 2018 5:28:40 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear ttbn,

Once again you can't help being offensive.
You have to stoop to personal insults.
I haven't run out of "hot air" as you so
eloquently put it. Rather I usually walk
away because I don't want to say things
that may offend. So I bow out.

However, for your information and those of
others - here is a link that gives a
good perspective to this discussion. Its
by Professor Jon Altman. He's been visiting
Aboriginal Communities in remote Australia for
over 40 years and in the last decade he writes
about what he's observed.
It's worth a read:

http://newmatilda.com/2018/03/26/gap-widened-refresh-policy-approach-remote-indigenous-australia/
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 8 April 2018 7:12:56 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy,

It is indeed worth a read, but the gist of the article seems to be more money,

He talks of high food prices but how can this be?

Don't those in remote communities grow crops?
Have the kangaroos died out?
The price of ammunition is not high, especially if the hunters in the communities reload; no one expects them to use spears these days.

Where there are waterways in much of Northern Australia there are fish, other marine creatures and crocodiles and croc meat is very good.
Water also means buffalo, again good meat and it is not difficult to get a large supply of meat from these pests.
In the dryer country there are camels for the taking as well as donkeys and horses.

There are an estimated 750,000 camels, 400,000 wild horse and some 5,000,000 donkeys.

Lots of tucker.
Posted by Is Mise, Sunday, 8 April 2018 8:32:52 PM
Dear Is Mise,

It's always good to read from various perspectives
isn't it? My point in this discussion was to
try to present various viewpoints so that those of
us who don't live in remote communities and have no
or little dealings with our Indigenous people can
try to grasp the enormity and complexity of the
problems involved. Anyway, as I stated to ttbn,
I'm not comfortable with continuing this discussion
any further when I see that things are veering
towards not what I had intended. I certainly don't want
to find myself saying things that may offend someone.
So I'll bow out.
Thanks for understanding.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 9 April 2018 9:23:48 AM
Another 'link' Foxy! Even after you say "I usually walk
away because I don't want to say things
that may offend". This one from the extreme Left New Matilda.

You will never walk away, Foxy, because you must have the last say, no matter how daft your arguments are, or how naive it is to keep putting up barrages of links that will obviously come up with the same stuff you do.

As for my being offensive well, there will always be someone offended by what someone else says. Nothing would ever be said if we had to worry about someone being offended. If I took offence at everything said to me - including the stuff you come up with - I wouldn't get out of bed in the mornings. Being offended is a weakness, not a protection against something you don't wish to hear. If you truly believe that I am offensive to you, you might be happier not bothering with my posts - you have threatened me with 'excommunication' in the past. You might like to try threating me like you did poor old 'leoj', but I assure I will not disappear as he did.

Offence has nothing to do with your opinions being disagreed with. OLO is part of the real world, not your kitchen table, where I'm sure you reign supreme.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 9 April 2018 11:46:34 AM
Dear ttbn,

For your information - I reigned supreme not only at the
kitchen table, but in the dining-room, nursery, bedroom,
and every other part of my home. Then there's - special
libaries, Regional public libraries, university libraries,
and -
university lecture theatres, Storytime Sessions for kids,
Book Clubs, and lately entertaining the elderly. And that's
just listing a few.

I've now got to run - can't talk anymore - I'm too busy
being fabulous!

Have a nice day!
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 9 April 2018 3:03:06 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy