The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Police Violence, A Growing Concern,

Police Violence, A Growing Concern,

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. 17
  10. All
In the latest outbreak of police violence in NSW, four burly officers held down an unarmed and defenceless 16 year old youth while he was holidaying in Byron Bay. The police beat the boy mercilessly with a baton, punched the lad numerous times with their fists, about 20 times! There are reports that both capsicum spray and a taser gun were used on the boy, during the violent assault. The victum of the brutal attack by coppers required hospitalisation for extensive bruising and a broken rib. Fortunately, the almost 3 minute rampage by police was filmed by a member of the public, thus avoiding another copper cover up!

The Law Enforcement Conduct Commission (LECC) in Sydney is investigating whether the officers used excessive force and therefore engaged in serious misconduct while arresting the 16-year-old

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-26/teenager-hit-by-police-in-byron-bay/9586214

We can only hope justice is served. If these four should be found guilty of serious misconduct, hopefully their days as NSW police officers will be no more!
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 28 March 2018 5:46:17 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul,

"We can only hope justice is served. If these four should be found guilty of serious misconduct,..."

That's a good thought, although rather compromised by your opening remarks!
Posted by Is Mise, Wednesday, 28 March 2018 8:29:03 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I agree. But what was the lad on. Some of this stuff gives people the strength of ten men. Apparently the Taser had no effect on him which suggests something like Angle Dust. Maybe he was a danger to others.

They should teach the Police Camp Drafting Skills. You know, tackle 'em & tie their feet & hands together. Da Dahhha! On the Clock.

Personally if the person is that high on Drugs I would just monitor them. I wouldn't call for an Ambulance. If they die, they die, self inflicted, no sympathy. One less DH to cause trouble. I like Dutete in the Philippines idea. My next door neighbour was his neighbour when she was growing up. She likes him too. He's from Davos in Mindanao.
Posted by Jayb, Wednesday, 28 March 2018 11:12:58 AM
Issy, my opening remarks are factual.

Was it an act of violence by police? Yes
Were the officers bury? Yes
Was the 16 year old defenceless? Yes
Was the 16 year old holidaying in Byron Bay? Yes
Did the police beat the boy mercilessly with fists and batons? Yes
All the rest is yes, yes, yes.

My point here is twofold. Firstly a member of the public had the good sense to video the whole episode clearly, and that resulted in the involvement of the independent LECC, no more police investigating police, which in the past, has been highly questionable.

Secondly, what I believe I was witnessing on the film was a "gang" mentality, not professional and necessary action by police officers to subdue a violent, and potentially dangerous person. Rather a group of four coppers getting their jollies by excessively exercising violent behaviour on a relatively harmless juvenile.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 28 March 2018 11:30:11 AM
Paul1405: on a relatively harmless juvenile.

As I said Paul, depends on what he was on. Angle Dust & other Substances give a person the strength of ten men. Anyway he is a Drugo. In the Philippines he would have been shot dead & that would have been the end of the matter. It's a pity the Government can't introduce similar Laws here. It would certainly cut down on Crime & get rid of a lot of Crims at the same time.

I don't see why the Police don't get a Drug Gang war going & let them sort each other out, then keep it going. It would save heaps in Court time, Cheap, easy & efficient. Poor 'ol Lawyers would miss out theough.

It'd get rid of a lot of Greenies too, & that could only be a good thing.
Posted by Jayb, Wednesday, 28 March 2018 11:44:42 AM
Jayb, I take it for granted police office are professionally trained to deal with a situation, given the facts at hand. The facts as first presented to the officers; the 16 year old was of slight build, he appeared to be intoxicated, there was no evidence, or suggestion of any offensive weapon in his possession. The juvenile had not displayed any violent or abusive behaviour towards any other persons, no person offered a complaint of any kind to the police.
Anything else is superstition. The kid could have had an AK47 stuffed down his pants, bombs strapped to his body. Popped full of drugs, he could have had the strength of Hercules. Therefore given all these assumptions, lets all do a Rambo on this violent and dangerous criminal. Is this professional policing? I think not.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 28 March 2018 11:50:20 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. 17
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy