The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Senator Cash should be congratulated

Senator Cash should be congratulated

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
SM The title of this thread is "Senator Cash should be congratulated" not Carr did the wrong thing.

So why would anyone have commented on Carr's stupid and outrageous Nazi Youth comment?

You have now introduced it and so I have no problem with criticising it.

The problem is you have introduced Carr's stupidity to distract people away from what Cash said on a thread that is specifically about Cash.

So your "left whingers" comment is simply proving your pathetic skills at debating.

Try debating with honest intentions and maybe we would take you more seriously...lmao

Nice try though! lmao
Posted by Opinionated2, Wednesday, 7 March 2018 12:39:57 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Opinionated2,

Firstly I introduced Carr's obscene comment, that occurred in the same Senate meeting, well before you joined the thread, and if your debating skills are so feeble that you don't realise that comparing and contrasting one incident with an almost identical incident is a rational debating strategy used in many forums, I would suggest that you polish your skills before you expose your ineptitude further.

Secondly, it was not Carr's first time calling libs Nazi's so it is far more than just stupidity and is by any measure worse than Cash's implication on Shorten's staff.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Wednesday, 7 March 2018 2:26:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SM... Yes you did introduce it earlier but as usual you have missed the point.

The topic here is outrageously "Senator Cash should be congratulated"

Your aim wasn't to compare and contrast.. Your aim was to divert the attention away from the Cash debate.

Stop misrepresenting your intent!

You are a conservative stooge so stop pretending to be rational...

You stated "Of course, this is really no one's business unless of course you are labor and can make political capital of it.

That Senator Carr called a lib senator a Nazi which is far worse seems to have slipped under the radar."

You once again misrepresent the facts...Is honesty not one of your skill sets?

Carr said Those in the Hitler Youth [points at Paterson] would understand that only too well.

To which Paterson rightly replied "That's outrageous Senator Carr, that is seriously offensive. I ask that you withdraw that.

Carr said "I was being facetious don't be silly."

To which Paterson replied "It's not being facetious. Accusing someone of being a Nazi is a very serious thing, it's appalling.

Carr finally says "If you took offence, I withdraw it."

Carr was totally out of line but then withdrew it!

To say that was worse than what Cash said defies logic! Carr withdrew it correctly very quickly without being asked at the time.

Cash needed to be asked by Penny Wong and then she finally withdrew the comment.

Carr said it and pointed at a person there to defend himself... Cash said it against women who weren't there to defend themselves. Carr's was an improper direct attack... Cash's comments were an outrageous slur against the women in Shorten's office.

The facts get in the way of your argument...Both Cash and Carr should be suspended for their comments!

Once again proving when you are biased, like you are, you can never make a correct argument...lmao
Posted by Opinionated2, Wednesday, 7 March 2018 3:39:47 PM
OOPs Paterson did ask Carr to withdraw the comment...interveneing correctly for himself. Sorry I got interrupted when replying and missed that...

So I guess the question really is... Should both Carr and Cash be removed from Parliament completely for unparliamentary conduct?

I say YES!

So now back to Cash so you can't divert the topic any further...

Senator Cash said : Again, Senator Cameron, you would normally not discuss staff matters, for very obvious reasons. I mean, if you want to start discussing staff matters, be very, very careful, because I'm happy to sit here and NAME EVERY YOUNG WOMAN in Mr Shorten's office over which rumours in this place abound. If you want to go down that path today, I will do it.

If you think demeaning all the women who work in Bill Shorten's office by threatening that she will name and further spread rumours against these women is reasonable then you need your head read!

Remember the ex "Minister for Women" Cash outrageously said this when the people weren't there to defend themselves!

No rumours about men...only women.

This is exactly the worst position against women you would expect from a sexist male and yet it was a woman who said it!

If you don't see that this is worse than Carr's ridiculous comment then you simply aren't thinking.

Nevermind... Biases will do that to you as you are showing!
Posted by Opinionated2, Wednesday, 7 March 2018 3:54:16 PM
OP2

Now we can all see that you are a left whinge troll. The moment you lose control of a discussion you revert to ad hominem insults.

Only an idiot would believe the headline of the thread is the sole content to be discussed, and if it was, you too have already strayed.

Finally, you admitted that Carr essentially called the lib senator a Nazi which is far worse than intimating that there are rumours about someone's staff, but are unable to address the elephant in the room which is the cacophony that surrounds a blunder by liberal but ignores far worse coming from Labor.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Wednesday, 7 March 2018 6:56:29 PM
Oh dear God!

Dear Shadow Minister,

Are you really that divorced from reality that you think one Senator calling another a Nazi is in an way comparable to what Cash did? Partisan hack is too kind.

The very rules that pulled up Senator Cameron from finding out the name of Cash's new staffer are in place to protect staff from the cut and thrust of politics. Why? Because they do not have the opportunity to defend themselves and because that is not what they signed up for unlike people who go into public office where a thick skin is mandatory.

Cash disgraced herself and for you to try and deflect from her crimes is reprehensible.

However implying or associating someone with the Nazis is indeed well below parliamentary standards so I am sure you would have raised this when Abbott called Shorten "Dr Goebbels of economic policy"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr4Ro2I-y6I

Are you able to point me to your posts on Abbott's slur?

Time to give it a rest mate.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Wednesday, 7 March 2018 9:20:20 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy