The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Senator Cash should be congratulated

Senator Cash should be congratulated

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Senator Cash defended all staffers in the House last week by defending her own staff from insinuations of some improper morals or integrity of her new chief-of-staff, by Senator Cameron. Senator Cameron's ongoing questions relating to staff had clearly been to imply some impropriety.

Staff are not fair game for members as they do not have the same capacity to defend themselves.

Senator Cash did this firstly by telling him that her staff were none of his business and secondly by informing him that if he persisted she would name names and details of staff rumors relating to Mr Shortens office. So now Cameron, and Labor, have been warned and it will be interesting to see if Cameron has the balls to go on with that line.

I am sorry she withdrew the statement, but Labor got the message and no apology required for issuing a warning.
Posted by Banjo, Sunday, 4 March 2018 10:41:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You and Turnbull are probably the only people to side with her, Banjo. The woman is a screeching fish wife, unfit for the cabinet. As a talk back radio host said, 'Looks like a model, sounds like a wharfie.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 5 March 2018 8:52:25 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
//As a talk back radio host said, 'Looks like a model, sounds like a wharfie.//

A model of what? A gargoyle? A 'laughing clown'?
Posted by Toni Lavis, Monday, 5 March 2018 8:56:45 AM
Dear Banjo,

You wrote;

“Senator Cash defended all staffers in the House last week by defending her own staff from insinuations of some improper morals or integrity of her new chief-of-staff, by Senator Cameron. Senator Cameron's ongoing questions relating to staff had clearly been to imply some impropriety.”

Absolute codswhallop.

Here is the Hansard transcript.

http://parlinfo.aph.gov.au/parlInfo/search/display/display.w3p;adv=yes;db=COMMITTEES;id=committees%2Festimate%2F93bafed0-e7d4-4d21-95ae-6c37fbc17350%2F0002;orderBy=customrank;page=0;query=Dataset%3AcomSen,estimate%20Dataset_Phrase%3A%22estimate%22;rec=0;resCount=Default

You find me where on earth Cameron was impugning the morals of Cash's staff. His questions were in light of the leak into the AWU investigation by one of her staff who ultimately resigned. His questions were about the replacement and what political baggage they would be bringing to the role.

Fact: There are rightful questions about the conduct of her office and she should be held to account for them.

Cash didn't like it and went directly to the supposed “ improper morals or integrity” of Shorten's staff who aren't under any investigation like her own. Disgusrting.

For you to defend her does not reflect well of your own morals my friend.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Monday, 5 March 2018 9:38:56 AM
ttbn,
You should read properly what Cash said and Cameron making implications and insinuating some untoward conduct by Cash's staff.

Cash very effectively said to Cameron, 'Either put up or shut up or I will get down and fight dirty with you'. Cameron was out of line in relation to staff. Cash has called Cameron out and I suspect he will slink back into his hole rather than risk embarrassing his boss. But a win for the staffers in the House.

Pity that as I think Cash could lob some big bombs in Labor's court. With about 3000 staff in the place, I expect she could find plenty of explosive bombs.
Posted by Banjo, Monday, 5 March 2018 10:35:28 AM
It's a pity that our Members of Parliament have
to stoop to this level of debate. - no matter
whether provoked or not. It's toxic for
all concerned and as Ministers they should be
professional enough not to have these "mental
snaps" in Parliament. Bad look. And a Poor show.
Perhaps they're in the wrong job - or need
better training and certainly self-control.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 5 March 2018 1:19:05 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy