The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Hijab

Hijab

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. Page 14
  10. 15
  11. All
runner

I am agaInst any western woman wearing a scarf in Arab countries, Mrs Trump
had much more guts than Julia Bishop when she accompanied Donald on a trip to
meet the Arab leaders.

Also I think the leftist, so called women liberationists in Western countries have lost the plot,
when they side with muslim women in saying the wearing of the black sheets and
face viels is a choice.
But I still stand by what I said above,the world, doesnt need more women respecting
their husbands, but more husbands respecting their women. I think Jesus would understand what I am referring to, when I talk about the horrendous treatment of women across history, across the world on this planet.
Posted by CHERFUL, Sunday, 28 January 2018 9:55:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
//There were Isis fighters who wore, black robes (sheets)and black scarves wrapped around their faces to hide their identities.//

But not hijabs. This is what hijabs look like:

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=hijab&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi44L_9jPvYAhWBOpQKHbjFAQYQ_AUICigB&biw=1920&bih=949#imgrc=_

Notice how they're all being worn my women? And not Isis fighters, who seem to favour the balaclava which has been popular with soldiers and paramilitary groups since the Crimean War.

http://www.strategic-culture.org/images/news/2016/09/13/or-37894.jpg

//I rest my case, that the headscarf worn by muslims is silly.//

So that's it? It's silly, so go ahead and ban it? Sorry, but I don't think that's a good enough reason to ban things. I think football and country music and the teeny-tiny hats women wear to horse races and New Year's Eve fireworks are all silly. So I guess we can add all those to the banned list... bit of a shame for people who like do like football, but it's silly so it has to go.

If you think it's silly, just don't wear one. That simple. I avoid wearing ties for that very reason.

//So they obviously arent wearing the headscarf out of modesty, but as a declaration that they are muslim. That is segrating themselves off from mainstream society into a separate group. Division.//

A lot of Christians wear crucifixes or attach fish decals to their cars as a declaration that they are Christian. That is segrating themselves off from mainstream society into a separate group. Division.

Better add crucifixes and fish decals to the banned list, eh?

I really don't see the problem with publicly declaring your faith in a free, secular society like Australia. I myself am a pantheist. Now, where exactly was the harm in me declaring that?

//THen we had the feminist vagina heads//

Still haven't discovered what vaginas look like, runner?
Posted by Toni Lavis, Monday, 29 January 2018 3:28:43 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Cherful,

«Id prefer to live under Chinese rule than muslim rule.»

This reminds me of when the cannibals asked me whether I prefer to be served stewed of fried.

But in my previous comment I was not referring to the totality of living under Muslim rule: all I was commenting about, was your specific statement, saying: "The Hijab is an obvious source of social division, and promotes tribalism based on religion".

Had these been the only "issues" with Islam, then I would rather be promoting the Hijab. Unfortunately, Islam also introduces other, extremely negative issues, including terrorism. We could only dream of the day when social divisions and tribalism based on religion will be allowed in Muslim countries.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Monday, 29 January 2018 1:18:58 PM
yuyutsu

totally agree
Posted by CHERFUL, Monday, 29 January 2018 8:33:03 PM
Toni Lavis

The Hijab is still associated with militant islam in peoples minds.

In the same way the Klu Klux Klan outfit
and Nazi clothing is.

And the last two are banned because of their associated connection to militant groups.

What do you feel about the banning of Nazi uniforms and symbols in public
or people donning klu klux klan robes in public.
I suspect you are not against the banning of these in public.
Posted by CHERFUL, Monday, 29 January 2018 8:47:11 PM
Well it appears we have lost Iftikhar. Muslims are not allowed to debate ideas; the Koran and it tenants are just to be accepted as the word of Allah without question.
Posted by Josephus, Tuesday, 30 January 2018 2:25:04 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. Page 14
  10. 15
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy