The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Should We Change The Date of Australia Day?

Should We Change The Date of Australia Day?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 35
  8. 36
  9. 37
  10. All
It seems that once again this question is being
raised. "Should We Change The Date of Australia
Day?" I believe that The Greens have started a
Petition on this issue.

What Do posters on this Forum think?
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 16 January 2018 9:36:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes, let's keep reminding ourselves to say "Sorry" each and every day to the poor misguided wretches of Botany Bay, & Sydney Harbour, those descendants of the Eora, the Kadigal, the Dharruk. Let's also keep saying sorry until Hell freezes over if we ever for one moment forget that. Please write to every radio station, newspaper and media voice to keep reminding ourselves...daily.

Yes, while we're at it, let's forget that it was the 26th January 1788 that truth in this country went overboard with the anchor off HMS Sirius in Sydney Cove that fateful day.

Let's also ensure the 'Gravy Train' does not run out of money & that we throw as many taxpayer dollars into more useless schemes, grants, policies and such designed by inner city academics, Greens and ALP wannabe aspirants. Like housing that is torn down and gutted within weeks of handover, floorboards used as firewood, because it's "traditional"...like hunting protected species with shotguns and rifles...because they are 'traditional weapons'.

Not forgetting that in Scotland, England & Ireland during the 19th & 20th centuries there were also "Stolen Generations" "Ethnic Cleansings" & other shops of horrors...but they don't count in a touchy feely politically correct and media sanctioned Australia anymore.
Posted by Albie Manton in Darwin, Tuesday, 16 January 2018 11:18:14 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Albie,

You really sound very emotional about this issue.
I was hoping for more of a discussion on the topic
rather than what sounds like an angry response.
Anyway Thank You for your contribution.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 16 January 2018 12:30:04 PM
I look forward to the death of "Political correctness".

Bring back common sense.
Posted by Philip S, Tuesday, 16 January 2018 12:46:02 PM
One needs to be racist, blind and ignorant not to see what a great place the British made Australia.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 16 January 2018 1:00:53 PM
Definitely not. The push for change is just another Marxist scheme to take people's minds off important things that need doing in this country. They should read what Jacinta Price had to say a few days ago on the subject. But of course she is not the type of aboriginal background person they like. She is too Australian for them.

The self-haters badly misjudged Australians on Anzac Day and Christmas, so they have moved onto another fad which will hopefully blow up in their faces. Lord love a duck: even Malcolm Turnbull wants to leave things as they are.

Personally, I see the current day as a celebration of my ancestors arrival and the bringing of civilization to a continent locked in the Stone Age. I appreciate that SOME people with aboriginal heritage - all who benefited from the "invasion" - might think differently, but that is not my problem, nor should it be a problem of any modern Australian, including those descending from the original inhabitants.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 16 January 2018 1:03:48 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 35
  8. 36
  9. 37
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy