The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > A strange thought on being real.

A strange thought on being real.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
To ALTRAV.

I would say that counts very much. Near death experiences are usually the ones that are either believed the quickest, or the most questioned for "proof" that they ever occurred (depending on the audience. Dreams as well as a common phenonom that I think breaches the fabric of "what is real." Expecially when considering several different aspects and different types of dreams. Some people even seem to have dreams of events to come later in their life, which add another weird element to them. More common though there are people in your dreams that you've never met and never see again in our dreams. Yet they seem so individualistic in who they are, the question of "being real or just someone in someone els's dream" is a thought too.

If you'd ever like to talk about what you dreamt while in the coma, I'd like to hear it.
Posted by Not_Now.Soon, Saturday, 13 January 2018 3:56:02 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
To Yuyutsu.

One thing you and I will continue to disagree on is on what God is. And Who God is. This I think is the foundation of most of our perspectives. And even though some of our perspectives overlap the foundation is based on a different kind of rock.

God is eternal. This I agree with. Us all being God, that I do not agree with. God can be part of us and us part of Him, as Jesus taught His disciples concerning having God inside them and with the Holy Spirit being in them. God is still not us. He is greater in every way, and also independent from us. (Sometimes in spite of what we want or do). But He has not removed Himself from us. He hasn't left us to die and be swallowed up in our own natures that sometimes are very evil and destructive.

Either way. Our differences of belief in God might not be known which is right. At least until we've passed on or until God's Kingdom comes to earth. And by then who can tell the other? But I will say this. Your egnamic discriptions of God, defy any way for me to confirm them, or for you to prove them. But my understanding can be confirmed if you pray and He answers your prayer.

In other words God can confirm Himself to you if you ask Him to and He descides to do so.

(Continued)
Posted by Not_Now.Soon, Saturday, 13 January 2018 4:25:25 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
(Continued)

The loss of memory or change in personality due to head injury still counts as a resonable question to me if the person questions if they are still the same person or if they are someone new who replaced the other. (I'm glad to say I don't still question this thing like I use to wonder about. But until a person comes to the conclusions that they are the same person, what can they say?)

I disagree with you that who you are is a things that is unchanging based on how others see you, how you see them, or even how we see ourselves. We change, we all do. Some change very much because of another person. Take for example a new parent, who changes everything about themselves and how they are, to accommodate for the new life they hold and are responsible for. Take also the person who is hurt badly by a betrayal. They may have been a very different person before that time, and after, even after they heal, never lose the scar.
Posted by Not_Now.Soon, Saturday, 13 January 2018 4:31:33 AM
To Not_Now.Soon.
You clearly hold a strong belief in God's existence.
Does that belief not answer your question "on being real"?
If God exists then so must you.....
Posted by Ashbo, Saturday, 13 January 2018 6:51:08 PM
Not-Now.Soon, I appreciate your offer on discussing my situation whilst 'on the slab', but I would not know where to begin.

I can only imagine if you have any questions I can try to answer them, but be warned this happened some years ago and one of my resultant side effects was some mental or memory issues.

I did just remember that I had two separate bedside interviews, not long after I 'came back'.

I think one was doing some kind of research and 'grilled' me quite enthusiastically for some time. Another came in the form of a small group. Again following in the same vane.

Can't remember the exact reason for the interviews. But it was definitely to pick my brain, for what it was worth, while everything was still fresh, I suppose.

Interesting times, but anyway, I am happy to oblige if you wish to delve further. You never know, things may start coming back.

I'm not sure how this would fit with this forum terms of reference.

Anyway, let me know.
Posted by ALTRAV, Saturday, 13 January 2018 9:39:30 PM
Dear Not_Now.Soon,

Let aside the question of "What God is" and "Who God is",
I believe that once you resolve the seemingly-lesser questions of "What am I" and "Who am I", the seemingly-larger question of God will be resolved as well beyond doubt.

This connects directly to your concern: "if the person questions if they are still the same person or if they are someone new who replaced the other."

Yes, persons are quite capable of this and quite capable of changing (hopefully for the better). Indeed you provided a few examples of that with which I agree. Your person is a quality of yours and you can indeed change that quality - but You, the one who is associated with this or the other quality, this or the other personality, are always and eternally you: nothing can "turn" you into another.

When one thinks of themselves as a person, then your healthy conclusion follows: "God is still not us. He is greater in every way, and also independent from us". But Are you a person? I leave it for you to ponder.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Saturday, 13 January 2018 10:45:32 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy