The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Weapons Licence Renewal

Weapons Licence Renewal

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Hi there, first time poster and hope I am not asking a commonnly asked question. I HAVE searched for, but failed to find a relevant thread! My licence was due to expire on 10th September, and I duly received a renewal form from the QLD Police, with the luxury of being able to renew online, which I did. Here we are, a month down the line and I have not received a new licence. Am I missing something? My circumstances have not changed, and I do not even own a firearm yet.
Thanks in advance,

Andy
Posted by andicee, Thursday, 12 October 2017 4:33:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Andy, I don't know the answer to your question, Since you are on a public forum asking, I'll ask a couple of questions of you.

I assume you want to own a gun(s) in the future, otherwise you wouldn't pay for a licence.

What type of, and for what purpose do you want a gun(s)?
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 13 October 2017 4:21:14 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Why would you bother renewing, or even having, a firearms licence if you don't have a firearm? Why don't you ask the police? They are the the people who deal with such things. Why would you seek answers on this site, which has nothing with firearms licensing? You don't seem to be the sort of person to be trusted with firearms.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 13 October 2017 8:27:15 AM
Hi ttbn, I agree. you and I often think alike, well how does that make you feel?
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 13 October 2017 8:41:23 AM
Paul,

Perhaps there are such things as miracles.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 13 October 2017 8:50:02 AM
"If you have submitted your application prior to the expiry date and you do not receive your new licence card by the time your licence expires, your licence will continue in force for a period of 42 days until such time as an authorised officer makes a determination on your application."
turn clocks back a long way
Posted by nicknamenick, Friday, 13 October 2017 9:09:32 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy