The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Tony Abbott and the Volcano Gods

Tony Abbott and the Volcano Gods

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Of course I believe it, Hasbeen. I'm not one for larping, and I certainly wouldn't do so using my own name.

It's not at all naïve to go with the evidence. What's naïve is to think that a bit of cherry picked evidence (like Germany's September mean temperature) is somehow more significant than the great bulk of evidence.

So how about you answer my question: what exactly is it that you regard as unproven?

____________________________________________________________________________________

JBowyer,
Yes, the ozone holes are still there, but they are gradually getting smaller, whereas if we'd done nothing about it they'd be much bigger by now. And I am aware of the problems of compliance and of leaky equipment.
Posted by Aidan, Saturday, 14 October 2017 12:50:53 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hassy, given your admitted history on the Great Barrier Reef, you have never been an "environmentalists" have you. Denying climate change is real now, would sit well with your own small past contribution to the destruction of the planet. Nothing can be said, and no amount of evidence is ever going to change your opinion.
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 14 October 2017 3:10:21 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Aiden, mate you are being played. There was no problem it was all made up and the same crooks then invent a cure. I thought my joke explained this nonsense? Never mind you just go ahead and worry yourself sick mate!
Watch the Abbott ripple turn into a tsunami that will sweep away the nonsense we have been subjected to for the last umpteen years.
Here is a little project for you Aiden. Youtube and look for "Doomwatch". It was a BBC TV series that had a different end of the world scenario each episode.
Like my old Mum would say "it is only being so miserable that keeps you going" lol.
Posted by JBowyer, Saturday, 14 October 2017 6:53:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
//There was no problem it was all made up//

Chemistry is all made up? Well I must say that's a new one.

There is absolutely no doubt that Cl radicals are produced from the action of ultraviolet radiation on CFC's & HCFCS or that they catalyse the destruction of ozone. You are living in a fantasy land.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Saturday, 14 October 2017 7:12:40 AM
No Toni, you prove your own dishonesty! It is the lack of sun that produces the hole. The sun that is not there in winter that opens up the hole. More in the Southern hemisphere because of the particular tilt of the earth.
An Australian scientist explained all this at the time but there is more copy in making up doom stories and so many more dollars in research available. And all that research asks for more dollars for more research!
It is a scam and we should be shutting down all monies to these shills. Let them go out and get a real job rather than trying to scare vulnerable people like Aiden.
Posted by JBowyer, Saturday, 14 October 2017 7:33:18 AM
JBowyeer,
The lack of sun is certainly a factor in the production of the ozone hole, as sunlight is necessary for the natural formation of ozone. But without the chlorine monoxide to catalyse the destruction of ozone, there would still be some up there even at the end of winter.

It's not those who know what's going on who are being played, it's those who are so convinced one small aspect of the phenomenon makes everything OK that they ignore all the evidence to the contrary.
Posted by Aidan, Saturday, 14 October 2017 12:26:21 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy