The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Tony Abbott and the Volcano Gods

Tony Abbott and the Volcano Gods

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
nick,

I like your "stop the goats". It's essential to be able to laugh, despite the misery and stupidity.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 12 October 2017 7:58:21 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul,

Why do you hate Christians?
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 12 October 2017 8:01:41 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ttbn, where did I say I hate Christians? Why do you hate people who do not hate Christians? Just because you believe in fairies at the bottom of the garden. and I don't, does not mean I hate you.

You are putting words into my mouth.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 12 October 2017 8:57:36 AM
Paul,

You know very well you have never said that you hate Christians; you don't have to. OK, 'hate' was a bit over the fence; contempt would have been more accurate. There has never been anything in any of runner's posts to suggest that he is a fundamentalist. In the post you criticised, Christianity was not mentioned: “you would need to be as dumbed down as the getup crowd not to see the truth in Abbott's analogy” was all he said. For the life of me, I can't see why you would feel the need to comment on such a non-religious remark, but for the fact that you just wanted to vent your spleen against Christianity.

Now, I am happy to withdraw the word 'hate'; it was unfair. But, I am comfortable with 'contempt'. Let's face it, Paul, your sector of politics displays very negative attitudes towards Christianity while, suspiciously, giving Islam a free kick at anything, any time.

I would not align you with the truly awful Greens politicians, but you know – lying down, dogs, fleas?
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 12 October 2017 10:10:29 AM
ttbn
" It's essential to be able to laugh".
Agree , it's part of John Howard's Doctrine of Mateship and Menzies Values for Serious Liberals.

" He said the John Howard took it all in good spirits.
"He was just laughing pretty much, just smiling going 'ha ha ha'," he recalled. But the reaction from his friends was anything but laid back: "Do you realise what you've just done? You've hugged the Prime Minister, that's awesome."
Posted by nicknamenick, Thursday, 12 October 2017 10:17:16 AM
and now Turnbull wants to pay people for not using their air conditioners. China has over 900 coal powered stations. Australia has about 30. How so many have allowed the Greens to dumb them down is astounding. You can be sure Turnbull and all the public servants will sit in air conditioned offices and planes while the pensioners work out if they can cool their houses in summer or heat them in winter. The Greens and those who worship their gods are an absolute disgrace. Regessives by nature and regressives by action.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 12 October 2017 11:47:49 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy