The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Are vaccines safe?

Are vaccines safe?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. All
While I'm a supporter of vaccinations for children, it does make me wonder why the parents of vaccinated kids are so worried about those who are not. After all, is that not what the vaccinations are for?
Posted by rehctub, Wednesday, 18 October 2017 7:16:49 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
//it does make me wonder why the parents of vaccinated kids are so worried about those who are not. After all, is that not what the vaccinations are for?//

Herd immunity only works if enough of the herd are immunised. If everybody decides they don't need the vaccine because of the herd immunity, a tragedy of the commons occurs and you the herd immunity disappears.

Also, herd immunity only works against communicable diseases. Not all diseases vaccinated against are communicable: you get tetanus from contaminated objects, not people with tetanus.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Wednesday, 18 October 2017 11:27:52 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy