The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > How Are These Immigrants Contributing To Australia?

How Are These Immigrants Contributing To Australia?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. 17
  9. Page 18
  10. 19
  11. 20
  12. All
//I'm not looking for a total ban, just from certain public places where face coverings pose a threat.//

And whilst driving, I reckon they'd probably impede your vision.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Wednesday, 23 August 2017 6:25:15 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I can't even walk into a service station in winter wearing a hoodie to keep my damn neck and ears warm without being considered a criminal.
Stuff them and their sniffling little minority noses out of joint.
When I'm allowed to wear a balaclava into the petrol station to pay for my fuel then they should be allowed to wear their burka too, but not before.
Since when are their rights more important than mine?
Posted by Armchair Critic, Wednesday, 23 August 2017 8:04:22 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
... Seriously, what ever happened to one law for everyone??
This is total bs...
Posted by Armchair Critic, Wednesday, 23 August 2017 8:06:57 AM
Armchair Critic,

I'd say that 98% of the angst is coming from people with some secondary gain, bureaucrats and NGOs with a finger in the multicultural/victimhood pie, the virtue signalling commentariat and politicians competing for votes in marginal seats.

SSM is similar.

I posted a link earlier where that is obvious.
Posted by leoj, Wednesday, 23 August 2017 10:15:05 AM
Dear Shadow Minister,

Ok let's get serious now.

How much of a threat is the burqa in Australia?

How many burqa's do you see around town where you
live?

I frankly don't see any. Head scarves - yes. I see
some Muslim women with head scarves. But then I also
see Greek grand-mothers and other women wearing
head-scarves as well. But the full-on burqa is
really rare in this country.

So why the fuss? Is it the politicians and the media
who are manipulating us as leoj suggests?

Think about it.

Of course, I would agree with the ban - if it really
was a serious security risk. But at present I don't
believe that it is. How many burqa's have we ever
seen in Parliament? Just this one recently as a
publicity stunt - right?

Ban the burqa by all means as a sign of oppression -
but not as a security risk. That's nonsense.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 23 August 2017 10:38:13 AM
Foxy,
Banning burqas would be an unwarranted restriction on people's freedom to wear what they want. And if you're concerned about signs of oppression, a ban would be deeply counterproductive; many Muslim women who would otherwise see the burqa as a sign of oppression would instead see the ban as a sign of oppression and would react against it accordingly.
Posted by Aidan, Wednesday, 23 August 2017 10:48:26 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. 17
  9. Page 18
  10. 19
  11. 20
  12. All