The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Dual Citizenship revisited

Dual Citizenship revisited

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. All
Paul,

This is from the greens party that is too high to recognise reality?
Posted by Shadow Minister, Sunday, 20 August 2017 6:44:22 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
With the High Court not giving in to government pressure for a "quick fix" for its "boys", and unwilling to hear the citizenship fiasco until October, its high time the accused stepped down from parliament. Should Joyce and Nash in particular be found guilty then any ministerial decisions made by the pair since being appointed can be challenged in court.

Well, well, well, the "mum story", that mum done it, and put about by Senator Matt Caniver from the Nationals is now an admitted lie, seems dear old Matt has fessed up that he's been an Italian citizen since the age of 2. Mums off the hook, but what about Caniver?

And in another development Pommy Bob Roberts from the wacko One Nation mob, has had a rethink, and now admits he actually put in his renunciation of his Britishness AFTER his election to parliament. Blamed the tardiness of some Pommy civil servant for the delay, when it was his mistake all along.

All I can say is goodbye Bob, goodbye Matt, goodbye Barney and goodbye whats her name.

Where are the forums 'Usual Suspects' when you need em' to comment. Shadow? Leoj? etc etc.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 25 August 2017 5:16:46 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul,

As should Shorten and the 6 other labor MPs that can't prove that they are not dual citizens.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Friday, 25 August 2017 8:55:34 AM
Yes, it certainly looks like Canavan and the nutcase Roberts are as good as gone.

While the High Court found, in Sykes v Cleary, that a strict, literal interpretation of s 44(i) would be absurd (since foreign countries could then mess with out Parliament by giving citizenship to people by decent alone), it was also established that reasonable steps must be taken to ensure that citizenship with another country is renounced.

Clearly this hasn't been the case with Canavan and Roberts.
Posted by AJ Philips, Friday, 25 August 2017 9:15:32 AM
Shadow; a quote from the Coalitions answer to Arnold Schwarzenegger, a like minded politician with the same German accent, Mathias Cormann "I do not think Bill is a duel citizen." If Mathias don't think so, who are we to question, is he wrong?

Shadow, how many Labor politicians are getting booted up to the High Court by Money Bags Malcolm for judgement? NONE. You are clutching at straws on this one. as usual. How are you going with the Bolt case, remember an arrest is imminent, your words not mine! The only ones who are going to see the insides of the calaboose on this, are your boys and girls. The closest Barney and co are ever going to get to the greens, is in prison greens.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 25 August 2017 9:58:12 AM
Paul,

Lying again? Imminent was your word not mine.

The coalition MPs came forward of their own volition, they could easily said nothing as Shortarse is.

I still say that MT should refer them to the high court as well.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Friday, 25 August 2017 11:00:03 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy