The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Theresa and Malcolm

Theresa and Malcolm

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Abbott said he can win the next election and how much of that can you believe.
The polls are never far off the mark. Parties do their own polls as well.
Conservatism is a dead horse, and now she wants to join with communists to try and hang on.
Labor is alive and well and truly up to the task, at hand. Turnbull had to go labors way or go extinct.
The populous wants clean energy and Carbon costs, and so does industry. If you do not take notice of the people that pay your wages you will face extinction.
Fraudsters and liars have no place in politics.
Posted by doog, Monday, 12 June 2017 1:31:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
No, polls are often wrong. The big one I clearly remember were the 1994 federal elections when all polls said Howard wouldn't win. He did. Massively.
Then there was Trump. And Brexit. The British polls put David Cameron as losing that election...he didn't.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/nov/13/new-research-general-election-polls-inaccurate
Posted by moonshine, Monday, 12 June 2017 1:57:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Moonshine,

Yes. We all know that many polls are complete rubbish, but you have to be a special sort of numbskull to be a politician these days, and they just don't get it. You examples of Brexit and Trump are supreme examples.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 12 June 2017 2:22:29 PM
Turnbull undermined and stabbed an elected pm in the back. May did not do that. To make comparisons at this stage is unfair. Hopefully Turnbull will again bring himself undone by again pushing an idiotic carbon tax. Can't believe the Liberals act so stupidly.
Posted by runner, Monday, 12 June 2017 2:33:30 PM
Something I wasn't aware of: May used the same team Turnbull had to run the Coalition's campaign. I wonder how much work they will be getting in the future.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 12 June 2017 11:25:34 PM
I don't know a great deal about Theresa May, but I do know she at least didn't stab the elected PM.

Turnbull turned the Libs into a laughing stock with his stabbing of Abbott, that was such a ridiculous Labor Rudd/Gillard deja vu moment, and he's done nothing to make us think he's anything but a complete fool ever since.
He has the most ridiculous mincing 2 bob stuck up his butt walk and the waffle that drips from his lips cannot be taken seriously.

I said goodbye to the Libs that day, and I sneer and change the channel everytime he comes on the telly, I used to do the same with Gillard.. even though, after reading all about Rudd and the Heiner Affair that goose wasn't PM material either.

Think I'll go the Drover's Dog next elections
Posted by moonshine, Tuesday, 13 June 2017 2:49:29 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy