The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Forget same sex marriage, I think we need a referendum on our approach to climate change

Forget same sex marriage, I think we need a referendum on our approach to climate change

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
I just don't get it, why on the one hand are we putting our economic future in jeopardy, by pouring billions into renewable s, and closing coal fired power stations, while allowing the same coal to be burned over seas, omitting the same amount of carbon, for what is essentially a 0.48 OF A DEGREE REDUCTION IN TEMP BY 2030. LESS THAN HALF OF ONE DEGREE.

Where's the so called PUB TEST!

Has the world gone mad?

Are we really that stupid?

Forget same sex marriage, I think we need a referendum on climate change and whether or not we keep going down this economically crippling path of switching to what is proving to be inferior renewable energy.

The other part of that vote should be whether we pursue nuclear energy with the billions as opossed to renewables.
Posted by rehctub, Saturday, 10 June 2017 6:29:40 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The world is switching of nuclear, America have shut down a host of plants and so to elsewhere in the world. Nuclear is not as good as you are led to believe.
We now have a clear cut plan to do something about Climate Change and stabilize our increasingly erratic climate.
We are on a good path to renewable clean energy. The radical far right of politics will not see the point, but their decisions are not common sense they are driven by same same dirty policy.
Posted by doog, Monday, 12 June 2017 9:21:26 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
We are not "really that stupid"; but Turnbull and Shorten are.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 12 June 2017 2:26:44 PM
In fact, Trump is the only politician in the Western world who is not afraid to call out the AGW scam.

After the total lies and incompetency of the climate alarmists have so clearly been disproved by the climate and environment itself, it is beyond comprehension that boofheads like Turmbull are still intent on ruining Australia by continuing with the farce.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 12 June 2017 2:35:06 PM
fake news and fake science. The regressives luv it. Meanwhile India, China and overpaid UN staff benefit. Truthful scienctist laugh and cry at such perversion of proper science. Anything to divert attention from Islamic terrorism produced by idiotic regressive immigration policy.
Posted by runner, Monday, 12 June 2017 2:38:23 PM
Doog, if all on the Paris agreement, some 165 countries if i recall, obied by it, the result will be a reduction in temp by 2030 of ZERO POINT 48 OF ONE degree, thats with the US in who is responsible for somewhere in the order of 20%. How is less than one half of a degree worth so much pain Doog?

Also, why is it ok to burn our coal in the likes of China, but not here?

It's a crippling joke and is simply going to deprive my grand children of the joys of life i had as a kid.
Posted by rehctub, Tuesday, 13 June 2017 4:16:07 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy