The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Gillian Triggs - defender of free speech

Gillian Triggs - defender of free speech

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 23
  7. 24
  8. 25
  9. Page 26
  10. All
Foxy,

As I thought, you cannot come up with a single specific example.

I would assume that you would also condemn the almost exclusive appointment of trade union heavies to Fair work?

SR,

While public servants are perfectly entitled to their own political opinions, they are bound to perform their duties professionally, as per their mandate, in a manner that is free of political bias.

That you have completely failed to point out any infraction by Tim Wilson in his position in the AHRC is proof that he was a sound appointment that contrasted against Triggs' many blatant failings.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2016/jan/20/tim-wilson-government-should-apologise-over-sacked-nauru-save-the-children-staff

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/feb/21/tim-wilson-morrison-response-asylum-seeker-data-breach-undesirable
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 22 May 2017 7:29:15 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Shadow Minister,

Every time you post you apply different sets of
standards to different people based on your
ideology. I gave you the reference to page 6
onwards where you claimed that former US President
received the Nobel prize because he was black.
Which was wrong. Then Steele gave you Tim Wilson
which you mentioned as Human Rights Commissioner.
Yet despite the man's lack of achievements - you
thought he was excellent in the role. Proving our
points. Here is another link on Tim Wilson.
I'm sure that you'll find something wrong with that
as well. Everybody is wrong except for your side of
politics - right? Everybody else is biased. You're
not.

http://theaimn.com/49343-2/
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 22 May 2017 8:55:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy,

My comment about Obama's Nobel prize was sarcastic, primarily because he got the prize shortly after becoming president, before he had achieved anything of substance, and certainly before achieving anything anywhere near the levels required for previous winners.

Secondly, claiming that I thought that Tim Wilson was "excellent in the role" is a lie. My claim was that TW was a sound appointment in that he had not broken any of the protocols required of a public servant in discharging his duties, in stark contrast to Triggs.

WRT your link, I'm not sure under which rock you found this one.

The article is a typical left whinge polemic, devoid of fact and consisting entirely of spite. The article seems focused on TW not pursuing a sufficiently left whinge agenda in a area for which he is not responsible, and ignores the instances where he backed up Triggs against the libs

"HUMAN Rights Commissioner Tim Wilson has thrown his support behind his embattled president Gillian Triggs, refusing to give oxygen to the political attacks clouding the findings of her children in detention report.

Speaking today at the National Press Club in Canberra, Mr Wilson said he supported all his commission colleagues but also backed the Coalition’s border protection policies saying “stopping the boats matters."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/tim-wilson-opens-up-over-gillian-triggs-report/news-story/4190c846c5781be30b4cce058318a8fc
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 22 May 2017 3:53:11 PM
Dear Shadow Minister,

I was going to respond to you in further detail
however I have decided not to because this has gone
on for long enough and has not achieved anything
really productive. It's getting quite ridiculous.

See you on another discussion.

Cheers.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 22 May 2017 4:03:54 PM
Steele & Foxy,

So ...... Tim Wilson, a right-winger, broke no protocol when he was in that position ? He criticised the Coalition government over its handling of illegal refugees ? He defended the rights of Australians to freedom of expression, there's no evidence otherwise ? But apart from being a right-winger, he did nothing wrong ? Is that your position ?

Dead silence was the stern reply, while the Comeback Kid gets ready to re-enter, Stage Left, again.

No offence intended, Foxy :)

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Monday, 22 May 2017 4:09:46 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 23
  7. 24
  8. 25
  9. Page 26
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy