The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > To Work or not to Work

To Work or not to Work

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
“Foreign workers take jobs Australian workers won’t do”
This is a headline I read in the QLD Courier Mail today “21/4/17.
Not that long ago, before this country went berserk with politically
righteous indignation and outlandish political correctness, and I was
a humble member of a police force dedicated to ensuring the Australian
‘fair go’, there was a law that basically said” if you can work you will
work or you will go to prison until you learn that society is not there
to pay your freight”
It was called the “Vagrancy Act” and believe you me it worked well.
Sure there were many who managed to squeeze five three months
sentences into one year but at least the country wasn’t shelling out
Social Security payments to these people.
Send the foreign workers home and bring back the Vagrancy Act.
Make the rules indicate that if you make yourself unfit for employment
By virtue of your appearance or attitude you will be declared a ‘vagrant’
Pauline Hanson please read this carefully.
Posted by chrisgaff1000, Friday, 21 April 2017 7:57:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Put all the homeless people in the jug. You know it would be cheaper to give them money to stay out of goal .
Before long the govt is going to create millions of vagrants because cash money is going to go out of fashion.
Posted by doog, Sunday, 23 April 2017 7:24:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I oppose violence.
I oppose slavery.

Apparently, not everyone does.

Regardless, supporting others through social-security should be seen is a privilege. Those who do not want to share the load should be able to opt out and be exempt from that part of their taxes - I will happily continue to pay my share in order to help those who are less financially fortunate than myself. I will never ask anyone to work who doesn't want to.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Sunday, 23 April 2017 7:35:49 PM
Personal freedom in some cases goes too far, remember years ago used to see some of the people going to CES (Commonwealth employment service) just one look and you could see absolutely no one would give some of them a job.

Now is worse multiple earrings, facial tattoos, body piercings and studs etc I have no objection to these things but when these things impede a persons ability to find work maybe there benefits from the taxpayer should be cut back until they change.
Posted by Philip S, Monday, 24 April 2017 1:14:57 AM
Hi Yuyutsu,

Yes, indeed, able-bodied people shouldn't be forced to work. But neither should they expect to be paid any benefits if there is work around.

I hope you agree :)

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Monday, 24 April 2017 9:31:24 AM
No work, no money. Unless a person is physically or mentally incapable of performing useful work, or too old, there should be no taxpayer handouts. So that young people can find work, nobody over the age of 65 should be permitted to work unless they are in their own business. If you haven't saved enough money by then to live on, or you are too extravagant to survive on the government pension, stiff cheese. We have an entire generation lolling about doing nothing but cause trouble. We have immigrants doing something similar at taxpayer expense.

No work: No money. No jobs: No immigration.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 24 April 2017 10:09:23 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy