The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Respect for the Court

Respect for the Court

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 21
  11. 22
  12. 23
  13. All
They more than likely did the wrong thing in order to earn their court visit.
We're a secular country, the law comes before religion.
If they were vetted and this was not explanied to them by the person doing the vetting, then this person who was ultimately responsible for allowing them entry into Australia should also be in court doing some explaining, in my opinion.

In fact I think their charges should be more serious charges.
Can we really blame a Muslim for acting like a Muslim?
Would this not be the same as blaming an idiot for acting like an idiot?
It's not the idiots fault that they're an idiot.
And how do you blame the idiot, if you already recognise they are an idiot?
If you recognise they are an idiot and you give them the benefit of the doubt that they will not act like an idiot, does that not make you the idiot?

If they can't show our court respect then they're not showing our country or rule of law respect; and they shouldn't be here.
If they don't value our country or our culture, our society and rule of law then I'm not in any way obligated (either morally or otherwise) to give a crap about them or their claimed rights.

Contempt of Court, 3 months jail, No sympathy, Get her out of here.
(and preferably on the next flight back to wherever the hell she came from)

Could we just pay undesirables to leave?
Would it not be cheaper?
Would it not be a better longterm outcome?

Here's 50 grand to go back to where you came from.
Don't ever come back or you'll be shot on sight.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Sunday, 12 February 2017 11:12:51 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
leoj:

Perhaps hiding your face in court should be challenged because it has ramifications for jurors or those trying to determine guilt or innocence.

Showing respect is a vague term. You can have no respect whatsoever for the judge but still stand up. Standing does not necessarily indicate respect. It just shows compliance which is different.

The court should have to prove how not standing up in anyway proves contempt of court. The court will go about its business just the same whether you stand or sit. It does not need your compliance to do what it is there to do which is to administer justice.

So if there is no good reason for doing it then why insist by law that people stand?
Posted by phanto, Sunday, 12 February 2017 11:32:24 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
phanto, a short while back you appointed yourself the Forum's Good Humor Nazi, with the following blurb:

"The point of the forum as I (phanto) would see it is not to amuse. If you want to amuse others then there are far more appropriate places to do that. I (phanto)think the forum is meant to be a place where people come to try and find a consensus about the best way to organise our society."

Now you are telling NNN;

"you should do stand-up comedy. You would get instant feed back about how incredibly funny you truly are. You are just wasting your talents on this forum. No applause, no rewards, no kudos or fame and fortune.

How you keep it up day after day without anything in return is just amazingly generous of you."

If NNN is not appreciated by some such as you, after all your rule number 273 states "No Funnies On The Forum", then there may be others who don't mind what is posted. Like me who takes no offence at anything that is posted, but no being GY I like you have no say in the matter.

"Do you stand for your plumber when he comes to fix your sink?"

Nah phanto, I just fall to the floor when he presents me with his bill, and cry out to Allah; "Why have you imposed this unjust punishment on me, oh mighty one, $300 to fix a leaky tap!"

I also agree with Toni, the legal profession is populated with pompous class conscious gits, although I did like 'Rumpole of the Bailey' my kinda lawye
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 12 February 2017 11:33:18 AM
Dear Foxy,

This is not the first, nor even the second time that you quote this specific rubbish. As I picked on other fallacies therein before, I will today pick on one different sentence:

«We need to ask all of the people living in this country to subscribe to a framework that can protect the rights and liberties of all.»

No problem with ASKING, you may ask nicely for others to cooperate with your ideas and try to convince them through reason and emotion that those ideas should prevail - then maybe they will agree, maybe they will not agree and maybe they will agree with a modified version.

But here the author of these words is all about DEMANDING things to be HIS WAY: tut-tut!

Subscribing to A framework that can protect the rights and liberties of all does not mean that this framework has to necessarily be YOUR framework. BTW, you must admit that your current framework DOES NOT protect the rights and liberties of all, for despite having it, crime obviously still exists.

Another false statement stands out:

«We have a compact to live under a democratic legislature and obey the laws it makes.»

No we have no such compact - show me the paper, show me my signature, I bet that you have not signed such a compact either, nor even have your parents!

«Imagine what would happen if we all started to disobey laws that we thought were not to our liking»

We cannot START disobeying laws because this is already an everyday occurrence. You for example are disobeying my law of not quoting this rubbish ever again. You seem to believe irrationally that laws that were created by some privileged people that you approve of are to be obeyed while the laws created by others should not. This is sheer bullying.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Sunday, 12 February 2017 11:55:13 AM
phanto,

Courts Legislation Amendment
(Disrespectful Behaviour) Bill 2016
http://www.legislation.nsw.gov.au/bills/c69cafa6-222e-4f30-804b-75182a26c31f

It was debated and passed by both houses. Now it is up to the court to decide. That is if she is charged, which appears likely.

In Australia she is guaranteed by law of being shown the respect, fairness and human decency that from her alleged behaviour she herself doesn't return and even despises.
Posted by leoj, Sunday, 12 February 2017 12:07:01 PM
phanto
You think I was joking? No it was serious comparing plumbers and judges to expand your point.

On a charge of terrorism it seems weirdly inappropriate to threaten jail for having bent knees instead of straight knees .
Posted by nicknamenick, Sunday, 12 February 2017 12:15:43 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 21
  11. 22
  12. 23