The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Another Qld government stuff up?

Another Qld government stuff up?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Paul said
"We have had the same system in NSW for a number of years and those with half a brain are able to cope with it without fuss or problem. I myself have never had any problem....."

that's 'cause you's ony got a half a brain.

Seriously though, not everyone has a computer and I know of a few people who have been caught including a local nurse, a work mate of my wife's, who has always paid everything on or before time.
The NRMA gives out reminder stickers that one can record the date on and stick onto the windscreen.

I suspect that it is deliberate, remember when Barry O'Feral did away with a number of fixed speed cameras and then quietly introduced privately operated movable vehicle mounted cameras and with signs considerably smaller and much closer to the camera?
Posted by Is Mise, Friday, 4 November 2016 7:53:25 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
//With the new penny pinching policy of no registration label on our windscreen, we are pretty much dependent on receiving a registration notice in the mail, to advise us it is coming due. Few are organised enough... to set up our own early warning system.//

I recommend you buy a calendar or wall planner (available at all good newsagents) at the start of every year, and write important dates on it so that you don't forget. If I didn't employ this system I'd have trouble remembering that the birthdays of my nearest and dearest are approaching and that I should send a card if I want it to arrive on time, let alone remembering something like rego.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Friday, 4 November 2016 7:55:59 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Stuff-up or scam, you can check your Qld motor vehicle registration due date on the Transport and Main Roads web site:

https://www.service.transport.qld.gov.au/checkrego/
Posted by bobd35, Friday, 4 November 2016 1:18:08 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It's not a stuffup and it's not a scam.
It's a blatant ripoff!

Queensland and NSW aren't alone - there's a similar ripoff in SA.
Can anyone tell us whether Victoria and WA have also followed suit?
Posted by Aidan, Friday, 4 November 2016 1:38:28 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks for confirming Paul, what I have always suspected, that you have half a brain. Still, are you sure it's a full working 50%?

They are asking for trouble with this scam. More will intentionally join the rapidly growing legion of unregistered cars on the road.

With the stupidity of the no pursuit policy, even with the number plate recognition system, [currently not working because of another Labor stuff up with computer technology], if they do recognise false registration plates on a car, hoons can just cruise away from the cops, who can do nothing but fume helplessly. To pursue in not permitted.

It was pretty obvious when they put the Palaszczuk girl in as premier, you know, the one with the physique but not the brains to be a builders labourer, that things were going to get bad. That was even before they stuck a bunch of girls, with no real experience of anything but politicking, in the ministry. God help us.

They are a wonderful mob, aren't they. No windscreen stickers to identify if a car is registered, & no working in car computer numberplate recognition system. No working system to send out registration renewal notifications either, to get in all that money, just a new shonky fine system.

You should be there Paul, with your half a brain you'd be right at home.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 4 November 2016 3:50:05 PM
Here's another one that NSW had until, after some years, it was fixed.

There is a very worthwhile law that says that it is an offence to cross an unbroken line,(unless turning or for other lawful reason), painted longitudinally along the road, this refers specifically to centre lines but when unbroken lines were painted along the kerb side edges as a guide line some enterprising policeman booked someone for crossing the side line and a new source of revenue was born.

In France they have similar laws but the French use a broken side line thus not creating a problem.
Posted by Is Mise, Friday, 4 November 2016 3:56:35 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy