The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Why atheism should change

Why atheism should change

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. All
Lefty: Alternatively you don’t believe the stories, are completely selfish ignoring the interest of all others who come in to your orbit of influence, and there is nothing after you fall of your perch.

Where in hell do you get that Atheists are "Completely Selfish" & never give or never help their fellow human beings. That's your opinion & it's totally false.

What a total self abuser. It wouldn't let me use the other more appropriate word.
Posted by Jayb, Thursday, 8 September 2016 1:20:38 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
onthebeach
Ok your right, I did not research the bit about Jobs last words before I posted it.However I do believe the words are relevant to this thread, and clearly they made a significant impression on Richard Branson.

Chris
Posted by LEFTY ONE, Thursday, 8 September 2016 1:24:27 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
JB
What is with the anger for expressing an opinion? I said you seemed to be saying that. Perhaps, if instead of latching on to just a few of the words that you think are aimed at disparaging your particular life, you looked at the whole post.

There are many ways to run your life and I don’t believe that any particular one is better than any other. For the record I believe that the reward for helping others is that it makes feel good. If you have no interest in being sensitive to other around you then you are a psychopath. No this is not aimed at you or any other that I have seen posting on this blog.

Chris
Posted by LEFTY ONE, Thursday, 8 September 2016 1:47:42 PM
Lefty 1: If you have no interest in being sensitive to other around you then you are a psychopath.

It the ones that bleed sensitivity for a gain that I personally dislike which seems to be the Domain of the Lefty, Latte Set. I do note you get complete distain if you don't fall under their spell.

I consider the Left, Latte Sette, Politically Correct & Greenies to be insensitive as to how others feel & are the Psychopaths in this debate.

Personally I just pay it forward even if it never came my way.
Posted by Jayb, Thursday, 8 September 2016 4:33:21 PM
Posted by AJ Philips, Thursday, 8 September 2016 12:14:06 AM

" ... You can’t win. It doesn’t matter who you’re talking to, what you say, or how you say it. If your reasoning is sound, and someone doesn’t like that, then expect some ad hominem to fly your way. .. "

It's not that you can't win AJ. I, as you know, appreciate you just the way you are, but then, I do not feel threatened by you. I also appreciate your accumen, sharp wit and logical approach.

Even if I were to regress momentarily and consider things as I once did, in a religious sense, we were always encouraged to think that God (or our personal belief system if you like) does not require defending.

But that is not so with all believers, who present with a form of personal cognitive dissonance which is indeed painful for them mentally when challenged.

So, that is to say that they object to you deconstructing their belief system thus you may expect a barrage of unreasonable attack. Verily, their own Bible says that you may expect their abuse as a testimony to your success. HaHaHa
Posted by DreamOn, Thursday, 8 September 2016 10:02:53 PM
Atheists have a record of attacking religion, but have little to offer as an alternative. They have little to quote and little to inspire. I see their attitude of hate of little value, when they could embrace a positive approach with others, rather than spending energy on proving a point, that they simply cannot prove.

Who says they have to offer anything as an alternative anyway? Do you see your self as somebody who can make those sorts of rules a?

Funny how you consider their independence of thought as hate. If that statement is not hate speech itself what is?

Campaigning to have religion compulsory in everybody's mind are you?

Rather than spending energy on proving a point, that they simply cannot prove, religious people should keep their religion an their religion beliefs to themselves instead of trying to force them onto ohters.
Posted by Referundemdrivensocienty, Monday, 12 September 2016 9:29:04 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy