The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Shaking Hands

Shaking Hands

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Shaking Hands

Muslim schoolboys who refused to shake hands with their female teacher will face a steep fine. This is the latest turn in a controversial matter that started last April in a Swiss school, when two Muslim boys refused to shake hands with their (female) teacher, because that would go against the Koran’s teachings. The boys argued that Islam forbids men to have physical contact with a woman outside of the family unit.

Had it been Japanese boys who did not want to shake their Swiss teacher's hand, I doubt anyone ever would have heard about it, to say nothing of it culminating in a new fine for not shaking one's teacher's hand. It is because they were Muslim boys that it became an issue, which means that it is precisely an example of xenophobia and anti-Muslim hostility.

Switzerland is not a bubble of innocent provincial people. They are well connected to the global discussion on the "Muslim problem." There is no way that the discussion inside Switzerland about what to do with two adolescent Muslim boys who want to avoid touching females, was not always already part of this global discussion.

West must learn to respect and tolerate those who are different. You have failed to respect and tolerate Black community, who speaks your language, share your culture and faith. English, Irish, Welsh and Scott hate each other, sharing the same culture, faith and language. It is difficult for you to accept, respect and tolerate Muslims with different culture, languages and FAITH. You have no choice but to accept them for your own survival.
IA
http://www.londonschoolofislamics.org.uk
Posted by Iftikhar, Tuesday, 26 July 2016 7:41:11 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Muslim schoolboys told to shake hands with female teacher or face £3,500 fine in Switzerland

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/muslim-schoolboys-told-to-shake-hands-with-female-teacher-or-face-3500-fine-in-switzerland-a7049446.html

Also Iftikhar, was this your article by chance?
http://www.theguardian.com/society/2002/may/22/publicvoices1
Posted by Armchair Critic, Wednesday, 27 July 2016 10:18:33 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
'You have no choice but to accept them for your own survival. '
Is that suppose to be a threat Iftikhar?
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 27 July 2016 10:25:38 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Iftikhar,

Nobody should ever be forced to shake hands with anybody else, whatever be their reasons.

Period.

So far so good - thank you for alerting us about the evils of Swiss society.

However, once you begin to threaten others' "own survival" you have gone beyond the pale and it would be right for those others to forcibly stop you in self-defence.

Nobody is required to accept you - all you deserve is for others not to intrude on your life - so long as you do not intrude on theirs.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Wednesday, 27 July 2016 10:28:07 AM
"You have no choice but to accept them for your own survival."

Maybe there are more important things than survival. 'We' value things that 'you' do not. Human values like freedom of speech, equal rights, freedom of association, respect for women, freedom to choose who one lives with, democracy. Islam does not respect these values.

Most people would rather die than live in a society where such things are not valued. A life without those things would be a dreadful life. It would not be life at all. Muslims lead a dreadful life because they have no values worth dying for. The only thing they want is to make the west as miserable as they are. The west is a constant mirror held up to them which shows how unhappy and deprived of the joys of living that they really are. Everywhere they look they see reminders of the poverty of their lives and they are desperately trying to eradicate those reminders in societies to which they migrate.

They may be successful one day. They may rule the world but they will be still Muslims and still miserable.
Posted by phanto, Wednesday, 27 July 2016 10:42:40 AM
The fact that some (?) Muslim males refuse to shake hands with a woman displays how Islam cannot cope with modernity. And the reason Islam is on the wane (something the Muslims themselves know, but most Westererners do not) is because the it will never be able to cope with modernity according to the word of Allah, which is inchangeable, non-negotiable.

The hand shaking is neither here nor there. The real problem lies in more serious things like Muslim terrorism. When a culture senses that there end is near, they have nothing to lose, and would rather die than adapt. Politicians scratching their heads and asking why, oh why after atrocities in France and elsewhere, have their answer right there. And with the petty things like hand shaking. Islam has failed miserably in all things modern, and there is no changing the fact.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 27 July 2016 12:46:06 PM
Iftikhar is a wonderful example of what's wrong with Islam. If this Iftikhar is indeed Iftikhar Ahmad, he wants the UK to hand over government schools, paid for by UK taxpayers, to Muslim organisations.

Just as the million plus economic invaders have turned up in most of Europe expecting to be housed, clothed and fed. In return, Europe has experienced a sharp increase in terrorism and sexual assaults.

In both those cases, Islamists expect to take, by force or intimidation, large chunks of the wealth which Europeans have built up over the centuries. And give nothing of value in return, not even compliance with Western laws.

Iftikhar says: "West must learn to respect and tolerate those who are different." Just like Islam does. Not. Hypocrite.

Iftikhar says: "It is difficult for you to accept, respect and tolerate Muslims with different culture, languages and FAITH. You have no choice but to accept them for your own survival."

That sounds to me like a blunt threat. The reality is ANY concession to Islamists would be a suicide note. It is time to assert control.
Posted by calwest, Wednesday, 27 July 2016 1:09:29 PM
By the way, Iftikhar, just what is it in Islamic culture that you think the West should "accept, respect and tolerate"?

Female genital mutilation and the subjugation of women? Murder of gays?
The random terrorism, directed not at armed police or the military, but at unarmed civilians?

I could go on, but I'll wait for your advice.
Posted by calwest, Wednesday, 27 July 2016 1:17:37 PM
Iftikhar: an example of xenophobia and anti-Muslim hostility.

No, I would have said it was a blatant example of Infidelophobia by a moslim in a Western Country.

Iftikhar: West must learn to respect and tolerate those who are different.

No, wrong again. moslims must learn to respect & tolerate the people & customs of their adopted Country. A blatant Infideophobic attitude again.

Iftikhar: You have no choice but to accept them for your own survival.

Now I take that Statement as a definite Jihadist Threat & you should, indeed must be brought to the attention of the appropriate authorities. Which I will be doing, forthwith.

If you don't like the people & their Customs then you should leave that place & go back to whence you came.

By the way. You never answered my Questions the last time we posted.

Is the World Flat or round like a ball?

I love you Iftikhar, you're are so funny, not.
Posted by Jayb, Wednesday, 27 July 2016 1:25:20 PM
And Hi to You IFTIKHAR...

So the West must learn to accept Muslims for our own survival eh ?

Somehow, that sounds very much like a threat my friend ? You would do well to learn, we of the West don't like much, being threatened. So it might pay you to be somewhat a little more measured with what you say, before someone who doesn't quite see the humour in what you say, and as a consequence takes you seriously and explains certain home truths to you and your kind.

Other than that, welcome to the Forum - enjoy ?
Posted by o sung wu, Wednesday, 27 July 2016 3:34:32 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
OSW ol' ifti is an old poster from Britain, Some sort of professor. Very much a Radical, believing that the West MUST embrace Islam or pay the price for our refusal. We've been here before with him.

Let's see now. Where did I put that. Oh, yes, here it is.

Iftikhar: British schooling is the home of institutional racism and British teachers are chicken racists.

Iftikhar: The British government is again asking us, Muslims, to adopt the" British values" and to integrate fully into the British way of life. But many so called "British values" are not acceptable to us.

Iftikhar: We would like to confirm again that we practising Muslim believers will never ever adopt or integrate into all these "destructive and immoral values":

Iftikhar: Let us all: people from all faiths (Islam, Christianity...) and from all nationalities: ADOPT FULLY THE DIVINE HUMANE SAFE HEALTHY AND ECONOMICALLY BENEFICIAL VALUES:

Iftikhar: *Morality, Chastity and fidelity, heterosexuality.
*Clean safe media.
*The Sacredness of life/Culture of life (no abortion, no assisted suicide and no Euthanasia).
*Avoidance of poisons (alcohol and drugs).
*Clear, natural, healthy, different genders, procreation/full time mothers.
*Healthy, stable extended families with care and love to our weak old parents.
*Peace, not wars.
*No occupation of anyone else's land.

The list I have goes on & on.
Posted by Jayb, Wednesday, 27 July 2016 4:03:08 PM
Looks like I can't go to Switzerland.

Too many times just walking around or sitting down I see people pick their nose or other doing things with their hands, for that reason I do not shake hands with people.

To put it simply you do not know where that hand has been.

Try just observing people for a while and ask yourself if he or she wanted to shake my hand now would I want to.
Posted by Philip S, Wednesday, 27 July 2016 4:46:41 PM
Hi there JAYB...

Thanks for the 'heads up' with our some-time 'feigning' professor from Britain ? As with us Aussies the British don't take too kindly to being threatened either. So best our professorial friend here really needs to be more circumspect and measured in any of the language he deploys in future, in case someone in the West takes him seriously, and slaps those destructive bastards on the arse.
Posted by o sung wu, Wednesday, 27 July 2016 5:35:40 PM
I've wondered previously how serious Iftikhar and how much of her posts are intended to provoke an anti muslim reaction.

A couple of points.
Iftikhar is probably correct that a couple of Japanese kids doing the same would be unlikely to have drawn much reaction.

In modern times the Japanese are generally very polite when visiting other countries and respectful of local customs so it would be likely to be assumed to be a couple of odd individuals or a misunderstanding rather than part of a pattern of disrespect for the host culture.

I wonder how Iftikhar thinks westerners should behave when they choose to visit muslim countries.
- Should women be free to dress to western standards in those countries if they so choose?
- Should westerners be free to consume alcohol in the sorts of locations we might consume it here in the west?
- Should westerners be free to eat pig derived meats and other foods not acceptable to many muslims when in a muslim country?
- Should westerners in a predominately muslim country be free to express their views regarding the muslims prophet even if those views are not ones that muslims appreciate?

That list could go on much further but I think that should make the point.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Wednesday, 27 July 2016 6:50:08 PM
R0bert: I've wondered previously how serious Iftikhar and how much of her posts are intended to provoke an anti muslim reaction.

Iftikhar Malik. History. Prolific writer in favour of Radical Islam. Home University Bath, England. Hates anything Western.
Posted by Jayb, Wednesday, 27 July 2016 9:20:55 PM
Hey JayB
I think her name is Iftikhar Ahmad.
She signed her first message 'IA' and the article I linked confirms she is associated with the Islamic website she linked.

"The boys argued that Islam forbids men to have physical contact with a woman outside of the family unit."

Yeah right, try telling that to the women raped in Calais.
What do you take us all for? Idiots?
Maybe the boys are raped too to keep them in line..
http://shoebat.com/2016/03/06/muslims-rape-seven-boys-bad-calais-camp-need-surgery-french-authorities-nothing/
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 28 July 2016 3:20:24 AM
Philip S, I understand your concerns, mind you I think it is a phobia. Humans have to pick up germs all the time so their bodies know how to cope with them. I know some diseases kill some of us but your alternative will make us much more at risk from micro-organisms.
You should also recognise your phobia is very different from two little muslim squirts deliberately insulting their teacher and the society they are living in.
Quick point, Switzerland allows people to leave anytime but those two little princes should be advised Swiss Centrelink doe not travel with them lol!
Posted by JBowyer, Thursday, 28 July 2016 10:15:27 AM
AC: I think her name is Iftikhar Ahmad

Isn't he a Pakistani Cricketer.

I remember once he said he was a professor of Islamic Studies at Oxford in one of his past Posts. This blokes a real wiz bang Infidelophobic. I've kept most of his Posts. Frightening.

With Brexit now, I wonder how long he'll be allowed to stay in Britain, seeing he loves the Culture so much.

Philip S: I see people pick their nose or other doing things with their hands, for that reason I do not shake hands with people.

I guess it doesn't matter much if every bodies doing it. They're just swapping Buggas. Sounds like you have one of those Compulsive Phobias. Do you carry around those Sanitary Wipes?
Posted by Jayb, Thursday, 28 July 2016 10:44:27 AM
Shaking hands is the usual activity that we every one do.We cannot consider it as a normal activity. But it shows inspiration and motivation.Buy dissertation online describe the importance of hand shaking in their dissertation work.
http://www.buy-custom-essays-online.com/buy-dissertation-online.html
Posted by nithyajacob, Friday, 29 July 2016 6:59:27 PM
Ooooeeee... a troll.
Posted by Jayb, Friday, 29 July 2016 7:38:27 PM
'Shaking hands is the usual activity that we every one do.'

I submit that purchasing essays from someone with such poor grammar skills might be dubious.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Saturday, 30 July 2016 9:05:54 AM
stangley enough Julie Bishop was happy to wear a head covering when travelling to an Islamic nation while muslims are now complaining about shaking hands in the West. Oh well the secularist encourage hypocrisy so why am I surprised.
Posted by runner, Saturday, 30 July 2016 9:48:58 AM
We haven't heard back from Ifti. I wonder where he went?
Posted by Jayb, Saturday, 30 July 2016 9:54:03 AM
Way back when, Victoria's Premier was Joan Kirner. Under her watch, boys in an inner-Melbourne state school declared that they could not accept a female teacher as their "culture" held that males could not accept instruction from females. Y'guessed it - Moslems. Kirner's answer was par for the appeaser course: The school was reorganised so that these ignorant young mongrels would not have to suffer the indignity of being instructed by a woman. Cringing before theocratic bigotry trumped feminism in the PC stakes.
Posted by EmperorJulian, Monday, 1 August 2016 4:17:23 PM
Ifti probably got deported back to Pakistan & that's why we haven't heard from him.
Posted by Jayb, Monday, 1 August 2016 7:55:02 PM
We had a Japanese exchange student live with us for 11 months and giving hugs to his school friends including girls was one of the features he enjoyed while in Australia.

The problem with Muslim boys is their superiority over women, as women are only half human compared to a man. In Western society private schools boys say "good morning" to their teacher remove their hat and shake the teachers hand. Reason: to teach boys respect and manners. My grandson attended an Eastern Suburbs of Sydney private school and this was the practice.

Good point made about Muslims are not to touch a woman, yet they freely rape women. I suppose without touching them?
Posted by Josephus, Wednesday, 3 August 2016 5:52:19 PM
Yep Ifti has crawled back into the Cave he calls home. Uggllh uggbah!
Posted by Jayb, Wednesday, 3 August 2016 7:55:40 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy