The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What do you hate about Australia?

What do you hate about Australia?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
ypgirb, "It's natural enough to be racist, but not admitting it prevents solutions to social problems, especially those affecting remote indigenous people"

Whereas I intensely dislike the political correctness, the advocacy-oriented 'research' (in fact all of the sloppy research that abounds) and the self-interested Moral BS Artists who are responsible for misleading you and others into patronising Aborigines as dumb, forever dependent children without the wit and courage to be responsible for their own choices freely made and to live the rich lives that are available to them in safe, free and democratic Australia.
Posted by onthebeach, Monday, 18 July 2016 2:17:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Loudmouth,

Thanks for your lovely words.

What a lovely day it's been thus far.
For the first time in over a week I got to visit
my mum in the dementia wing of her nursing home.
Despite my recently broken wrist, I managed to
walk with a pusher. The feeling of empowerment
was great. I can do this I thought, and I did.

I wore one of my bright colourful creative hats -
which everyone in the ward seems to enjoy. They all
welcomed me back - we took part in the painting classes.
the best I could do was a three-circle cat - with my
left hand (I'm right-handed). Anyway I won a piece of
Turkish delight as a prize. And we shared a lovely
afternoon tea, then played cards.

I love the place - and the people. I now know them all by
name. Mum's happy.

It makes me count my blessings. And appreciate life in general.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 18 July 2016 4:20:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ybgirp

'I just wish people would admit to racism'

The real problem ybgirp is that like gender these days the definition of ' racism ' is fluid. The left are so dumbed down they still refer to Islam as a race. Any opportunity they get they pull out the ' racism' card. I am sure by some definitions I would be considered racist even though my strong belief is that all men were created equal in God's sight. Abbott was constantly called a racist and yet he is the only pollie I know of who would give of his free time and serve in Indigeneous communities. Could you really see Shorten, Turnbull or Natalie doing that.

The reality is that all cultures have good and bad. Western/Secular culture slaughters their unborn. Indigeneous culture has been unkind to women and a harsh tribal law system. I personally know many whites who have given of their time and resources to help the Indigeneous. They are still labelled racist and bigoted usually by high paid public servants or bureacrats who only ever spend tax payer money and then pump their chest out. Usually they are the largest bigots and thrive and create industries on the white and black man being divided.
Posted by runner, Monday, 18 July 2016 4:52:46 PM
July 2 election come and gone. Are media's constant political up dates, distracting journalists from many neglected Australian domestic problems?

So many discussion programs I could speculate using ratings myths, I assume producers are keen to introduce new topics to attract increasing viewers and listeners, increasing ratings, increasing producers credibility.

Focusing attention on Australian ABC television. Advertising future programs between programs are usually focused on drama and comedy series programs. Serious topic programs are if ever, rarely advertised to what will be specifically discussed on future program dates. ABC serious programs most often being discussed topics are politics, leaving very few people who care about watching serious topic programs, not bothering to at least turn to programs to see what discussion programs are about.

Many serious topics other than politics maybe introduced once a month, to show serious programs are not only about politics. I witness few important topics: family violence; metal illnesses; unemployable capabilities; financial loss due to poor financial advice... which concern many people who have different problems, who could be expressing different stories. A limited number of people are expressing their individual stories, journalist interrupting stories with statistics. In very rare instances, called upon experts maybe the only time experts are commenting. Experts making suggesting solutions are when no solutions exist or no approved experts that will say absolutely nothing worthwhile are available.

Many serious program (LateLine being one program), topics are directed at foreign countries having stated experts and journalists occupying foreign countries spending 10 to 20 minutes rambling on about topics that have nothing to do with listening Australians.

Very few family violence discussions are heard, I assume as important as family violence is to solve, a quoted theory is that nothing can be done about family violence other than police intervention. I theorise that no person in authority (for one reason being increased employment) wants to change a smooth running dysfunctional violent society, authority doesn't want to solve issues in existing society.
The word bipolar may never be mentioned during family violence discussions, nor that bipolar could be a direct result of bad education.
Posted by steve101, Tuesday, 19 July 2016 3:19:28 PM
Religion seems to be about god. I express, that people in authority believe god is about natural selection, survival of the fittest in a violent society.
Religion's “The Father, The Son, The Holly Spirit”: The father are the priests; the son is Jesus representing the peasantry; the holly spirit is the belief congregations have in the religion. The establishment “authority priests” are setting up peasants “the working class”, who I say, and many people must admit, many working class people have serious dysfunctional thinking problems.

The establishment need: family violence; crime; illegal and legal drug addiction; neighbouring country disputes, justifying increased military spending employment; 13 to 17 years of too much unnecessary education; winter time influencer vaccine injections, giving people influencer for no real benefit to citizens other than caring propaganda and increased employment lowering employment to around 6%, “jobs and growth”. All the bad things happening to poor thinking people justifies increased numbers of: police; school teachers; doctors; social workers; psychology professionals; medical researchers; defence personnel; unemployable unemployed Job Centre provider paper work employees. The bad things in society provide employment for many people pretending to manage and or solve the bad things happening in society.

I strongly argue, the establishment doesn't want citizens to think that citizens are being controlled by citizens own bad schooling poor thinking abilities, to get citizens to believe what media tells citizens to believe. Such poor thinking abilities are exampled by serious topic programs, that merely tell program listeners of the many problems individual people have with their lives, journalists quoting “fact” statistics, rather than start proper debates on how problems can be solved.
Posted by steve101, Tuesday, 19 July 2016 3:22:07 PM
Last Man Standing, Educating Boyd, can be seen below. First scene expresses most of the best comments.
http://www.watchtvserieslive.org/last-man-standing-us-season-5-episode-4-educating-boyd/

Television 10 network ONE “Last Man Standing” episode shown on July 17, 2016, primary story was how the child actor “Boyd” in the story program was complaining to his school teacher on how the teacher was boring him in class. Boyd was thrown out of class for the third time. Boyd's acting grandmother playing a teacher said, 'blaming teachers are not the problem, teachers having to teach to tests'. The story commented how nothing could be changed, teachers bogged down in bureaucracy meetings over how to have meetings, wearing teachers down.

Many readers will instantly look for loophole excuses: the Last Man Standing is a comedy program, and should not be taken seriously, as my long time friend who has been diagnosed with mental depression, being treated for mental depression for the past 20 years.
He uses simple excuses to escape torturous thought. Not wanting to believe his education self-medicating endorphins conditioning rewarded narcissism behaviour, eventually caused his separation from his wife 25 years ago, triggered mental illness, seeking medication, lead to drug addiction, constantly medicating drug addition withdrawal symptoms, psychiatrist diagnosed as mental depression.

My extended comment would be that children are merely being held in school to stop children from learning anything other than endless trivial knowledge, traumatising the learning behaviours, which similar comments were expressed in the Last Man Standing mentioned Educating Boyd episode.
Posted by steve101, Tuesday, 19 July 2016 3:24:48 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy