The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > jobs and growth

jobs and growth

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it.
Joseph Goebbels

A big lie (German: große Lüge) is a propaganda technique. The expression was coined by Adolf Hitler, when he dictated his 1925 book Mein Kampf, about the use of a lie so "colossal" that no one would believe that someone "could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously.

Plan for jobs and growth.
Posted by Robert LePage, Monday, 9 May 2016 2:03:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Robert, you have mentioned the "H" word, and the forums 'Sensitive Brigade' aka hard boiled right wingers are most upset with any inconvenient mention of Mr H and by association them. I mentioned him once in passing, and they were most upset, they labeled me a Stalinist and a Trotskyite. They don't agree with labeling of any kind.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 10 May 2016 6:13:29 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Godwin's law applies especially to inappropriate, inordinate, or hyperbolic comparisons of other situations (or one's opponent) with Nazis – often referred to as "playing the Hitler card".

Godwin's law (or Godwin's rule of Nazi analogies) is an Internet adage asserting that "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1—that is, if an online discussion (regardless of topic or scope) goes on long enough, sooner or later someone will compare someone or something to Hitler or Nazism.

i.e. eventually someone will be a dick.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 10 May 2016 7:57:24 AM
SM: if the cap fits
Posted by Robert LePage, Tuesday, 10 May 2016 9:04:53 AM
Robert, I have to correct you, you should have said;

"If the Stahlhelm fits."

Shadow, you are absolutely correct there. just the other day I was on my other forum 'Macrame For Beginners' discussing the merits of the double overlay stitch, when without as mush as a by your leave, or a beg your pardon, mind you, forumite Beryl of Whopping, called me a Nazi! Naturally I could not let that go unchallenged! I escalated the insult and called her a stitch dropper! Well, Beryl threatened to send around her storm troopers to fix up my loom!
Now Herman the forum moderator has given us both 2 weeks in the cooler!
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 10 May 2016 10:26:56 AM
And it fits you so well.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 10 May 2016 10:54:13 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy