The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Does our government represent us or the other way around?

Does our government represent us or the other way around?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
With politicians protecting their perks like negative gearing which only works for those with in excess of a million dollars in real estate investment assets (and in the highest tax bracket), I wonder if the government is promoting NG to middle income earners merely as a way to get voters to represent their interests rather than ours.
Should we be passing our own bills over the internet to create a more democratic system?
Posted by phooey, Wednesday, 13 April 2016 3:33:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Phooey,

Since when do sheep tell the wolf what to do?

Government is a predator, so don't ask for favours.

Sure you can pass your bills over the internet, it's called MUD games - it won't affect the government, but if it makes you feel better then why not?
Posted by Yuyutsu, Wednesday, 13 April 2016 5:28:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If you're going to undermine the constitution of Australia and start your own parliament you might have a fight on your hands, at some point you're going to have to get out from behind the computer and do some risky, scary stuff.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Wednesday, 13 April 2016 8:12:21 PM
There is nothing wrong with phooey asking the politicians to represent the majority and not the well healed minority. But as Yuyutsu quite rightly points out “Since when do sheep tell the wolf what to do?”

Well in tiny little Iceland the people gave notice to their wolves and they jailed 29 bankers for their greed and dishonesty.......will that happen here.........not with the self serving professional politicians that fill the ranks of the Left and the Right parties in Australia.

No politician that has a party machine behind them represents the poor bastards that vote for them.
Posted by sonofgloin, Thursday, 14 April 2016 8:50:52 AM
I hear tell that there's an independent by the
name of Tony Windsor who did a rather good job
for his electorate. I hear tell he'll be running
for office in the up coming election against
Barnaby Joyce. I'm sure Mr Windsor is not the only
politician - who tells it like it is - and works
for the interests of his electorate.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 14 April 2016 10:34:33 AM
I currently own 4 investment properties (I have had luck and timing on my side, also single with no kids helps), and am retired living abroad to avoid the GST on working and middle class peoples money long enough but the gig is up. I have had my fun but now its time to be honest about this stuff.
So you see, I am not the sheep, I am the same wolf as you but I am no longer hungry.
Stop making me the subject and talk about the issue.
Posted by phooey, Thursday, 14 April 2016 10:56:06 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy