The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Tell me about your gaming!

Tell me about your gaming!

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Good one, Bugsy : )

On the strength of that, my teenager has bookmarked the survey to do soon.

Will also ask my 30-something gamer daughter to do the same.

I even play on our consoles occasionally - so should probably do the survey too.
Posted by Poirot, Saturday, 9 April 2016 10:02:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There's a great variety of ages when it comes to gaming, so I do believe I'll find some here too :) As I have already, haha. Thanks to all of you who have answered already!

The survey is for gamers who are 18 year old or older, sorry about that :(
Posted by mkarsikko, Sunday, 10 April 2016 7:47:43 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
And thank you so much for spreading the survey! I'm closing it tomorrow night, so tell them to find time to answer it asap :)
Posted by mkarsikko, Sunday, 10 April 2016 7:49:03 PM
Well, I could do that, but then I'd be guilty of helping you to have a nice easy free ride in life - getting paid to play games whilst sitting on your butt in air-con with your white-collar university education that taxpayers probably paid for, and one where all you did was delegate the work out to others, so no deal.

You're going to be earning how much a year?
How much is OUR TIME worth to you?

I bet you're probably one of these young ones that expects an easy free ride, has everything done for them and never goes out of their way for anyone, unless there's something in it for you, am I right?
Then when you get your degree you'll act all high and mighty and look down on everyone else when you still probably never did a hard days work in your life anyway...

Tell me have you ever worked on a farm or a factory before?
Worked outside labouring in the heat of a summers day?
Did your parents or family ever defend this nation to earn that easy free ride you're getting?
And finally, why don't you just get on the Xbox, Playstation, Steam or Facebook and send a message to all friends?
Do you even have any? Are you even a gamer?
I wonder why you haven't tried this already and therefore question whether you have the intelligence to go to University at all.
Do you have any idea what you are doing?

And why just the positive effects of gaming?
Why not also discuss the negative affects and have a more balanced and unbiased point of view, or don't they teach you that?

Maybe you are better suited to real work, at a pay rate more in line with your skills and intellect.
(Macca's or Woolies maybe?)

On the other hand I will genuinely give you IQ+1 credit for asking, not that it got you anywhere.
If you don't ask then you don't get I suppose...

- But I'm sure all you young ones already know that though.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 11 April 2016 1:34:11 PM
Armchair, you can rest assured that if mkarsikko's getting an easy free ride, your taxes aren't paying for it. Australian taxes support Australian students in Australian universities, but mkarsikko's in Finland. You've heard of Finland, haven't you? It's one of those countries that recognises the value of education for making its workforce more productive (and subsequently more than paying for itself through the taxation system).

Days there will never be hot (by our standards) and anyway what does it matter whether mkarsikko's done any (low value) manual labour? There's nothing wrong with going straight to the high value work.
Posted by Aidan, Monday, 11 April 2016 2:18:50 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I could not find any record of this research, or researcher, on the University of Turku website: http://www.utu.fi
Posted by tomw, Monday, 11 April 2016 3:54:09 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy