The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > New Australian National Anthem

New Australian National Anthem

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. 13
  13. All
Dear Mr Opinion,

What will a future Australia be like?

Predicting the future is risky at the best of
times. However I trust that it will contain
a highly skilled workforce, better economic
infrastructure, strong spirit of innovation and
entrepreseuship, strong self-relief for Australian
businessess - large and small, that can compete
domestically on their own merits both domestically
and globally, research and development tax incentives.

We need a strong economy that will sustain and enhance
living standards for the benefit of all Australians.
This will do for a start.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 27 February 2016 10:49:27 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Foxy,

That's just the economy.

What do you think Australian society will be like? What will be the Australian identity? What will the nation-state be like? Will Australia actually be a nation-state or will it separate into ethnic-states? These are the sorts of questions that interest me as a socio-cultural analyst.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Saturday, 27 February 2016 11:05:32 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Mr. Opinion, if Australia hasn't already separated into 'ethnic nations', I doubt it ever will.
We are told Australia is the most successful multicultural country in the world, and I see no reason why that will change.
Posted by Suseonline, Saturday, 27 February 2016 11:08:18 AM
Mr. Opinion,

I don't give a toss about anthems; I do not sing, and I couldn't give you the words of the current anthem under torture.

As for the Chinese (I share your views on them), David Archibald ("Australia's Defence") is pretty sure we can beat them if they make a move, which they will before halfway through the century, as apparently they intend.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 27 February 2016 12:27:16 PM
Dear ttbn,

Australia has no chance of defending itself against China. It will be a walkover for China because it will make sure that Australia is primarily peopled by Chinese before it lays a territorial claim to the continent. As I said earlier, the enemy is already inside the gates.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Saturday, 27 February 2016 12:43:51 PM
Suse,

"...and I see no reason why that will change."

Islam.
Posted by Is Mise, Saturday, 27 February 2016 2:48:08 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. 13