The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > New Australian National Anthem

New Australian National Anthem

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. All
Cossomby,
I also think that many Chinese in Sydney are students. whether they are resident or visiting I do not know.

A few years back I had to wait for a country train at Central and it was early afternoon. To my amazement there was a constant stream of young Asian people going through the main station toward the suburban trains. I was told they came from the Uni and the tech college on Broadway. There were certainly many hundreds, if not thousands, of them.

Perhaps it is the same near other large colleges in Sydney.
Posted by Banjo, Tuesday, 1 March 2016 8:18:20 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
No, Mr O, it's logically impossible for uploading images of typical scenes around Sydney to show where people's loyalties lie.

Of course, given your track record of intellectual dishonesty, I'm sure you'd try making the bogus claim that photographs of a few parts of Sydney with lots of Chinese people prove what you're saying is correct. But there is no evidence to support your claim that having Chinese ethnicity makes anyone "the enemy".

So I ask again:
Why do you ignore all your training in socio cultural analysis and instead believe racist paranoia?
Why do you assume Chinese Australians, unlike other migrant groups, will retain a primary loyalty to their ancestral home? And why do you assume they will support the Chinese Communist Party?
Posted by Aidan, Tuesday, 1 March 2016 9:25:00 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Banjo,

I don't know why that would surprise anyone. That is a fairly typical scene across Sydney. You should try catching a suburban train during peak hour. Apart from playing Spot The Aussie you can listen to what the people sitting around you are talking about, providing you can speak Chinese.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Tuesday, 1 March 2016 1:23:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
PS Maybe they're putting the words together for a new Australian anthem.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Tuesday, 1 March 2016 1:25:19 PM
Well this reminds me of a song I once heard.
Maybe it's X rated, I don't know.

But going on some of the posts here, it may become popular
As the new anthem. Given the Chinese New Year recently.

Here it is

Rule Britannia! Brtaninia rules the waves,
Stick Chineses crackers up your Ar..hole,
Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang!
Posted by CHERFUL, Wednesday, 2 March 2016 12:54:49 AM
Hi Cherful,

I tried that and it didn't work.

Australia is a multicultural country in the sense that the multitude of non-Anglo minorities would have to compete with each other first, if they wanted to, as some believe, try to take over, and I don't think any group is so inclined. Call me naive. Australia is a land of opportunity for non-Anglo groups and individuals and that's probably the direction things will go for the next century or so.

I'm still barracking for 'Shelter'.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Wednesday, 2 March 2016 5:05:37 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy