The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Defence Ripoff?

Defence Ripoff?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Bugsy,

You might show more interest when Australia is invaded by people using the more reliable AK47, cheap as chips and indestructible. I cringe when see our troops plodding around in vast deserts with their over-priced plastic pop guns - maximum effective range 300 metres. Of course, Australia's military is more interested in the ladies and men who 'identify' as ladies these days. They share your disinterest in weaponry and defence.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 30 January 2016 10:38:14 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi there TTBN...

What! I don't believe it? We make these weapons at the SAF Lithgow under licence, at $3,000 each! A thorough audit into their mfg. practices should be ordered forthwith. Incidentally I've been over the SAF, and generally speaking they're a pretty decent operation - still, that was over twenty five years ago now?
Posted by o sung wu, Saturday, 30 January 2016 10:47:20 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi (again) TTBN & IS MISE...

Will both of you please stop it, you're making me very very depressed indeed with what you're both saying!

The ARA Bn I served with, we were originally issued with SMLE's .303 No1 Mklll's, later converted to the L1A1 7.62 NATO SLR in 1962. Both were exceptional weapons with the SLR well ahead for obvious reasons. In Vietnam we converted to the M16's in .223 which were OK I suppose for the bush, though lighter in weight then the SLR, lacked the wherewithal for the comprehensive knockdown ability the SLR was noted for.

And that 'petticoat' general TTBN, that endeavoured greatly to feminise the Australian Defence Force, has thankfully retired I think? It's no wonder there's so many blokes returning from Afghanistan with PTSD, when this non-combatant Lt. Gen. is more interested in women's rights, then giving the troops the necessary 'Real & Moral' support they richly deserve. 'ALL members' of the ADF, irrespective of gender, are entitled to the full respect due to them!

After all isn't the primary function and responsibility of a good leader to look after all those who're under his command, rather than to marginalise one group from the other?
Posted by o sung wu, Saturday, 30 January 2016 11:22:09 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It isn't only what appear to be useless rifles.

Go back to Nov 2015 and there was this revelation.

"Defence will be forced to strip tonnes of ammunition and fuel from Australia's M1-A1 Abrams tanks after a recent upgrade bungle caused them to be too heavy for landing boats.

Australia's Canberra class amphibious assault ships are designed to deploy a thousand troops into battle, their landing craft especially chosen because they could also carry Australia's M1-A1 Abrams tanks.
But following a recent upgrade the Abrams is now too heavy for the landing boats."

Just what we need soldiers with rifles that can't shoot far supported by tanks with limited fuel and ammunition.
Posted by Philip S, Saturday, 30 January 2016 9:49:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Philip S, "Just what we need soldiers with rifles that can't shoot far supported by tanks with limited fuel and ammunition"

Only need some more generals devoid of combat experience and with an eye for currying favour with populist politicians to completely destroy the morale of the ADF and its defence capability.
Posted by onthebeach, Sunday, 31 January 2016 8:10:47 AM
OSW,

The "petticoat" general, however, is now Australian of the Year. The Lt. Colonel, a male who 'identifies' as a woman, was a nominee for the farcical award. 'It' still 'fancies' women, though, and has had none of the alterations necessary to be a virtual woman. Really great 'defence' force we have. And the slacko politicians don't want armed civilians!
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 31 January 2016 11:08:02 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy