The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Rudd for UN Secretary General.

Rudd for UN Secretary General.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All
Foxy,

A BA in languages is about as low a qualification one can get. Generally a top ranking diplomat would have qualifications in international law etc.

His diplomatic career was pretty much at the bottom of the ladder and only for 7 years. His career as PM and FM achieved very little internationally, and according to Wiki-leaks was regarded as a pompous windbag and a buffoon. His only achievement was helping mobilise forces against Gadafi in Libya.

So there are many, many people more qualified than Rudd for the post.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Sunday, 24 January 2016 11:59:37 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear SM,

Thank You for your opinion.

However, the decision will be made by the
Prime Minister not you or I.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 24 January 2016 12:40:56 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I must agree with TTBN when he opines the UN is a 'rotten' organisation. Moreover they've proven they're morally and probably criminally corrupt, and have been so for decades. Look at Rwanda, and the slaughter they've permitted to happen there for a start! Just ask a few of the Aussie soldiers who served over there with UN 'Peace-keeping' (sic) Forces about the unmitigated genocide that occurred while under the aegis of the UN?

Should Mr RUDD get a guernsey with the UN? It matters very little to me. I agree with others, we should distance ourselves from them immediately.
Posted by o sung wu, Sunday, 24 January 2016 2:08:29 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy,

Thanks for you comments.

I think KRudd has far less of a chance at the position than is postulated by the media, as the position tends to rotate between areas and is supposedly due for Eastern Europe.

It is my opinion that the regard that other have for KRudd is far less than he holds himself in.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Sunday, 24 January 2016 2:54:15 PM
Dear SM,

There have been 8 UN Secretary-Generals.
None have been women and none from Eastern
Europe. Experts feel that it's their turn
so you could be right that Kevin Rudd will
not get the job.

When General Ban Ki Moon steps down on December
31, 2016 - there is another strong contendor
for the job. It has nothing to do with My Rudd's
ability.

The contendor is Bulgarian Irina Bokova the
current head of the UN's largest agency UNESCO.

She would get support from permanent UN Security
Council members - Russia and the United States.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 24 January 2016 6:26:54 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy