The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > South Hurstville Mosque

South Hurstville Mosque

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. 11
  10. All
From yesterday's SMH,

"Trouble erupted last year when the plans were submitted for the development showing the mosque would have three levels of underground parking and two levels above ground, including two prayer rooms for a total of 78 worshippers and two classrooms to accommodate 45 people."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/south-hurstville-mosque-debate-hijacked-by-right-wing-groups-20160108-gm25pj.html#ixzz3wswFE0WI

Seems a big building for so few people.
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 11 January 2016 9:06:42 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Is Mise,

Build it and they will come.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 11 January 2016 10:29:18 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Why stop at one? Why not build half a dozen in Hurstville? There are usually several churches in every suburb of Sydney so why not get blanket approval from NSW government to build several mosques in every suburb. Especially Cronulla which needs all the mosques it can get.

It's bigger than integration: it's cultural synthesis in an ethnic based segregated Australia. It's so obvious that we should have thought of it sooner. It's just what every Australian neighbourhood needs - a towering mosque with a Muslim cleric on top screeching out something or other at the top of his voice at 4 o'clock in the morning.

Let's do it! (And just as long as I never have to live in Hurstville I'm all for it).
Posted by Mr Opinion, Monday, 11 January 2016 11:21:01 AM
Foxy,

That seems to be one of the anticipated problems.
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 11 January 2016 3:08:25 PM
As much as resident feminist/regressives hate to admit they are a lot safer in Sydney walking past Hillsong than they are mosques. Still idiotic comparisons will be made. Suddenly many refugees in Germany are now rapeugess. Can't say they were not warned.
Posted by runner, Monday, 11 January 2016 3:58:40 PM
Dear runner,

I can only speak on my experiences regarding the
modern mosque in out city. Walking past it presents no problem
what so ever. Of course I have no idea what the mosques in
the Sydney suburbs are like. Our suburbs here in Melbourne
appear to be quite safe. That's probably true of all
churches - depending on the areas they're located. As we know
some areas are poorer, with high unemployment, alcohol
and drug abuse, presenting different kinds of problems - and
of course police presence. I would not walk in those areas.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 11 January 2016 5:07:36 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. 11
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy