The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Pressure on the Government to Lift the Syrian Refugee Quota

Pressure on the Government to Lift the Syrian Refugee Quota

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. All
Nothing racist about it Paul, real , but not racist. You see many people confuse racism with realisim.
Posted by rehctub, Wednesday, 16 September 2015 2:26:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ahh... the old 'I'm not racist, but....' statement.

I'm not racist, but Welshmen and Kiwis root sheep.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Wednesday, 16 September 2015 5:39:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ok, so tell me, what's racist about saying we don't want any more people who have known extremists who follow their religion/faith. In fact, non Muslims have even converted to Islam and become extremists.

What's racist about suggesting we don't need any more of these people in our country who themselves CAN NOT guarantee some from within will turn against us.

Sorry, but my rule has always been prevention is better than cure. I think I will stick with that, even if I am seen to be racist, because after all, I have a duty to help provide my grandson with the same peace loving environment I enjoyed as a kid, even though I've missed the boat.
Posted by rehctub, Wednesday, 16 September 2015 6:39:58 PM
Butch, do you serve "Muslims" in your shop? Or do you have a big sign in the window, which reads something like 'Towel Heads Keep Out!' WHITES ONLY! Maybe you rant on the forum about them, but I bet you don't say boo when it comes to making a quid out of them. And don't give me that crap about Muslims only buy meat from halal shops, that is not true.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 16 September 2015 6:47:07 PM
Paul,

You hate Catholics, that makes you a racist?

I notice that after the initial opening of borders to migrants, everyone is now slamming the doors shut as just about every country suffers a massive voter backlash against the torrent of mostly young Muslim men, especially now that Germany etc are realizing that other countries are not interested in taking a portion of the nearly 1m immigrants that their policies attracted.

I guess that Abbott's policies of turning boats around is starting to look like the only option now.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Thursday, 17 September 2015 9:55:23 AM
Actually Paul, I make it very clear that I am not a Halal approved supplier and that I don't condone the practice.

Besides, I don't hate Muslims, I just hate what their preaching can do, even to your Aussies at times.

Now while I'm the first to admit that not every Muslim is a terrorist, pretty much every terrorist is a Muslim and if we were to attract just one more extremist in with these refugees, then that's one too many for my likings. Unlike the likes of yourself, I'm not willing to take that risk.

I grew up as a kid in a country that was a peace loving nation where terrorism was a word only ever heard on the news. Surely my grandson is entitled to the same.
Posted by rehctub, Thursday, 17 September 2015 2:04:44 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. All