The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > So are you worried yet?

So are you worried yet?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 14
  9. 15
  10. 16
  11. All
Here we go - the Einsteins of economic management - the architects of the faux Budget Emergency - are now considering a hike in the GST to pay for tax cuts.

That's after they've boosted the deficit by around $110 billion dollars in two years.

http://www.afr.com/news/politics/coalition-eyes-gst-to-pay-for-tax-cuts-20150830-gjb2oi

"The Abbott government has rekindled the prospect of paying for its promised income tax cuts by increasing the GST, earning it the support of the NSW government, the ire of South Australia and the condemnation of the federal opposition."

""That is our objective to take to the next election a tax reform package," Senator Cormann told Sky News.

He said spending cuts alone would not be enough to fund a tax cut."

Although I wouldn't bank on Hockey as treasurer for much longer....

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/tony-abbott-being-urged-to-consider-dumping-joe-hockey-and-calling-a-march-election-cabinet-ministers-20150830-gjaysw
Posted by Poirot, Monday, 31 August 2015 7:58:52 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
We are moving from one disaster to another, the last effort was an attempt at marshal law in Melbourne. How pathetic can this govt; get.

Very few people are supporting Abbott, they are ashamed to say anything about politics. The experiment has failed. Abbot said he would do anything except sell his backside to get into power, well at the last election he did just that. Lies, promises, one million jobs, and everything positive, and that is what he went to the election on.

The people voted for a Coalition govt; and what did we get. We got a Conservative govt; and a budget from hell, 100 % attack on the voters, Abbotts standing suffered an unrepearabel hit. Our country was headed for a catastrophe of mega proportions stated by our treasurer.

We are now in election mode and again being promised the worlds riches, Tax cuts when wages are all-but static, Ladies can go back to work and keep welfare payments. The rot is again setting in like a cancer.
Under the direction of [ Abbott ] this govt; which is more like a one man govt; we have denigrated and become stagnated, Business and consumer alike do not trust Abbott, investment has dwindled to an all-time low, while 110 billion has been added to our debt in 2 years a record breaking amount, without any directed at job creation. This govt; has created it’s own recession, I believe to demonstrate an agenda, we are not allowed to know about.

Only hard core believers can now support the hard right Conservative govt;
Australia is in need of an election to clear the air and reset our governmental strategy to again make this nation a great place to live and work, with confidence.

Tax dodging is rife and our present govt; is reluctant to enforce proper tax collection means, at the same time handing out tax reductions which we can not afford.

We are out of control all because we are 12 months away from an election. This probably means we are in limbo until an election takes place
Posted by doog, Monday, 31 August 2015 8:42:53 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I am beginning to wonder if it would not be better for Labour to win
the next election.
There are so many straws in the wind about the economic blizzard ahead
of us that I am becoming convinced that there is a real change on the way.

Read this:

http://tinyurl.com/nwtyewe

If Gail Tvberg is anywhere near correct let Bill Shortlan take the blame.
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 31 August 2015 8:44:33 AM
Doog, get real, read my earlier post, if naturalised citizens who drive motor vehicles are required to go out of their way, to be inconvenienced by spot checks of their credentials by government officials then why should non citizens who catch public transport or walk be exempt?
Nobody supports Abbott and his coalition, he's not a conservative, he's not a patriot and he's not a nationalist, but by the same measure Shorten is no alternative, he's as compromised as Tony.
You need to mobilise and re-take control of your side of politics the way we're mobilising to reclaim ours because shock and horror, the patriotic movement is being taken over by adults and the young men who form the core of the movement are growing up fast while your side is being hijacked by hoodlums, weirdos and people dressed up as cartoon characters.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Monday, 31 August 2015 8:53:35 AM
Aside from all the hoo haa about the Royal Commissioner one thing
seems to have come out of the hearings so far.
That there is endemic criminality in the unions in the way they go
about their business, and that in their control of the Labour Party
it looks to me very like interference in the operation of the parliament.

I think there is a law about interfering with parliament's members and
the function of parliament. Am I correct in my assumption ?
If so it should be possible for the speaker to call the offenders to
the Bar of the House and send them to gaol.

Aside from that dramatic course of action surely such obvious control
of members of parliament and so bypassing the voters is an offense somewhere ?
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 31 August 2015 9:16:21 AM
Hi Suse,

I can't believe that anybody could be so stupid as to try this ridiculous visa-checking rubbish. Fifty-odd years ago, when I was getting involved with Aboriginal people, it was only a few years since Aboriginal people were supposedly barred from living in Adelaide (I found out much later that that wasn't actually the case, and never had been). Supposedly, until then, anybody in town had to show their pass - so I read about, but never came across anybody who had experienced it.

But it struck me after a while that, with the increased immigration from the Mediterranean on the one hand, and that fact that many Aboriginal people were pretty pale on the other, how could any copper tell who was Italian or Greek and who was Aboriginal ? So I suspected that it was all an urban myth. Of course Aboriginal people were being picked up for being Drunk and Disorderly, but so would whitefellas.

So, what junior clerk dreamed up this one ? All somebody has to say to an ABF officer is "I'm a citizen, I don't have to carry papers, bugger off", and the whole thing collapses. And anybody with half a brain would have realised that in seconds and send that junior clerk back to high school.

So is all this a beat-up ? Could anybody in a key agency be so dim-witted as to try this on ? I can't really believe it. So it's more of a joke than something to get dreadfully outraged about, lampooning and caricaturing would be more appropriate than jumping up and down with a bull-horn.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Monday, 31 August 2015 9:39:30 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 14
  9. 15
  10. 16
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy