The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > rights of homosexuals in australia.

rights of homosexuals in australia.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
i am a student from malaysia,taylors college.I am doing a research on the unprotected rights of homosexuals in australia by the law.In your opinion,why isn't the rights of homosexuals protected in australia?
Posted by renee38, Tuesday, 12 June 2007 10:28:14 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
because no one has 'rights' in australia. rights come from power, and the ordinary ozzie has none. we have privileges, tho', and as long as we don't stand out from the mob, we can do what other sheep do. homosexuals stand out from the mob and can be attacked if the rulers wish.

one of the things that distinguish a democracy is a written constitution with a bill of rights: a list of freedoms that will be defended by law even if the victim is a minority person. no bill of rights? no rights at all. ozzies are terrified by democracy, most suspect they wouldn't know how to be a citizen. at the same time, they won't admit to any inferiority. this limits the intellectual bounds of political discussion, not only at the water-cooler, but also in academic circles.
Posted by DEMOS, Tuesday, 12 June 2007 2:49:52 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
renee

What rights are you talking about? Here in Australia a very small percentage of the population (homosexuals) receive more rights than most due to their political influence. They flaunt their unhealthy lifestyles at Mardi Gras and are totally over represented in organisations like our National Broadcasters. The taxpayer is happy to pay for their medical bills that result from their lifestyle. In Victoria they are granted exemptions to discrimmination laws where they are even allowed to exempt normal people (hetrosexuals) from a hotel. People practicing this lifestyle are judges, politicians, and even some so called clergy. I think you are sadly mistaken if you think these people are victimised by law. I am sure some individuals discrimmate against them but the law condones and in some cases encourages their behaviour.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 12 June 2007 4:04:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
DEMOS...your opening sentence was the most profound thing you've said for a while :) it happens that you are in full agreement with me on this.

Power is what determines our laws. If conservative people hold the reigns of power, laws will reflect the values they cherish. If libertrians hold power.. the laws will reflect that view.

There is no inalienable 'right' for anyone. EXCEPT of course... that set down by the Almighty. "Do for others as you would have them do for you" is rock solid.

RENEE.. bagaimana.. bisah berbual dalam bahasa ? *grin*

I think (Demos) we should start CHARGING these students who are increasingly using our massively well developed and experienced, mature brains as free educational consultants :)
*joke*

If I was intent on molesting your 9 yr old daughter, I'd expect you to THUMP me, subdue me and call the cops. As I would do to you or anyone else. Thats the negative side of course, on the positive, if we would like people to look after our lawn if we are going away for a few weeks, it stands to reason that we would be either pre-empting this with some act of good will, or following up with such.

RENEE..kiranya Tuhan memimpin setiap langkah mu kepada kebahagiaan dan persekutuan yang hangat, demi kasih dan anugerahNya.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Tuesday, 12 June 2007 4:10:40 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
boaz, knowing i am in full agreement with you on anything is somewhat worrisome, but i will accept that you might agree with me occasionally, as a random thing.
Posted by DEMOS, Tuesday, 12 June 2007 8:29:13 PM
Could you rephrase the question Renee?

Asking "WHY homosexual rights are not protected" in Australia is impossible to answer. "Why" is a question word best avoided if you want clear answers. The question is also vague and does not show context of situation, place, social, legal or day to day demonstration.

And Runner, are you suggesting that homosexuals should be discriminated against in the health system?

Talking of tax, I don't know of any homosexual men being payed baby bonuses, family tax deductions, super benefits for couples, child care subsidies and the list goes on. I know some lesbians do, and it is rare for gay couples to organise surrogate children.

If anything, homosexuals have minimal tax deductions. They therefore subsidise your benefits.

So you will respond that we need baby bonuses and benefits for the next generation of homosexuals to genenerate. This only proves my point. There should be less "us and them" and more on the general issues of the rights themselves.

With rights there are responsibilities. Should homosexuals earn their rights? We never did so I can't see any reason why they should: that would be discrimination. But the answer is, however, yes. In this country, homosexuals have shown restraint and responsibilities in sexually transmitted diseases, compared to the US and Europe. Australia is lucky to have such a well educated "gay community".

Makes little difference to me, the boring family man that writes to OLO. I still get tarred with the same brush when it comes to homophobia on this online service. The bullying towards this minority group is concerning. I get snubbed by some and snappy comments from others and I expect nothing less from these creatures.
Posted by saintfletcher, Wednesday, 13 June 2007 5:00:19 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy