The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Culling Feral Cats

Culling Feral Cats

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Dear O Sung Wu,

You've hit the nail on the head with
CSIRO.

The following website explains:

http://www.wildliferesearchmanagement.com.au/Fact%20sheet_feral%20cats.pdf
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 24 July 2015 4:32:22 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi DOOG...

That's not a bad idea my friend, a sort of 'bond arrangement' paid by the owner of a feline or canine, were there's paper trail of sorts ?
We have two dogs and wouldn't be without them, but they're both constrained by our fences and correctly micro chipped, as well as being appropriately registered etc. Both have had 'operations' and despite their best endeavours and everlasting chagrin, can't produce progeny ? That said, our family couldn't imagine not having them, they're an constitutive part of the family.
Posted by o sung wu, Friday, 24 July 2015 4:38:09 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
o sung wu,

Sorry I missed the humour. All the best.
Posted by onthebeach, Friday, 24 July 2015 4:58:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy,

Interesting link re. the CSIRO; strange that they don't mention the means of eradication on the islands and in fenced areas.
Posted by Is Mise, Friday, 24 July 2015 11:20:28 PM
So no one cme up with a solution other than killing them; I sort of hoped that someone would have brought up the idea of catch/de-sex/release but that must have gone out of favour.

Seems as if hunting them with a high powered rifle is the only option.
Posted by Is Mise, Saturday, 1 August 2015 10:45:22 AM
I still have not seen an answer to my post below as to the effects if indeed it was possible to eliminate all cats. Something I doubt would be possible.
Mainly the cat or should I say animal haters are the ones that promote blasting them with gunfire and of course poisoning them.
I suspect that these people are the sort who condone killing virtually captive lions and other scarce animals so they can hang their heads on a wall.

*This red herring is raised periodically by cat haters who do not give a damn for the results which would be catastrophic.
If all the feral cats could indeed be removed, the explosion of rabbits would be a disaster to the people supposedly most concerned, the farmers.*
Posted by Robert LePage, Saturday, 1 August 2015 1:38:19 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy