The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Should homosexual couples be allowed to adopt children?

Should homosexual couples be allowed to adopt children?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 25
  8. 26
  9. 27
  10. All
I don't want to stir up another hornet's nest
but I am curious as to what the posters on this
forum think on this issue.

This was a discussion that we had recently with
friends. It did get rather heated.

I would like to know what posters here think -
and the reasons why?

Your views please.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 21 June 2015 8:08:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Foxy,

Presumably, many female homosexual couples can avoid the need for adopting or fostering other children by availing themselves of modern IVF procedures, perhaps publicly-funded. Or else, more simply, one or both grab a bloke and have a one-nighter, which would be surely more fun, and vastly cheaper, than going through that IVF process.

So are we mainly talking about male homosexuals ? Adoption of either boys or girls, or of course, both ? At what age ? Fostering or adoption ?

In the 'march through bourgeois institutions', what is the next Gramscian step ?

Love,

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Monday, 22 June 2015 8:46:24 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
This is probably the easiest thread to respond to yet. NO!

Every child in every country in the world, rich, poor or otherwise has two things in common.
One, not one of them ask to be born, and Two, not one of then get to choose their parents.

Being a parent comes with huge responsibility and for any parent, whether they bare a child natually, adopt or otherwise must do all they can to provide that child with the best, most balanced upbringing they can provide, and placing a child in a situation where they will more than likely be bullied as a result of have a mum and a mum, or a dad and a dad at home is not in the best interests of that child.

Ask not what's best for the queers of the world, ask what's best for the children.
Posted by rehctub, Monday, 22 June 2015 8:47:52 AM
Good question Foxy.

As you say, this discussion can get very heated. It's good you don't want to stir up a hornet's nest.

Can we ask for your view before we begin sharing ours? I prefer to opt out of this discussion if my opinion is going to conflict with yours.
Posted by ConservativeHippie, Monday, 22 June 2015 9:06:18 AM
Pretty sure they already are.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Monday, 22 June 2015 9:29:12 AM
I believe they are already doing so, and I have no problems with it.
However, it is really a non-issue because there are so few babies put up for adoption these days in Australia that it takes years for a heterosexual couple to adopt a child.

Birth mothers are able to say if they would agree for a homosexual couple to adopt their child, and most say no.
The majority of gay couples have the biological children of one or both partners living with them, and I believe that is the better option.
Posted by Suseonline, Monday, 22 June 2015 9:35:27 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 25
  8. 26
  9. 27
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy