The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > going backwards by working

going backwards by working

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
seanw is unhappy.

On happiness,

http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2013/04/17/down-in-the-dumps-garbage-pickers-with-a-happy-life/

The first action should be to be grateful, not in a superficial way, for what we have and the world around us.

Sit down with the missus, or alone if necessary and go through what is good. Keep at it and build the list.

Be present in the moment and give earnest, grateful thanks every day, to life. What does it take, 5-10 mins for The Box (which will do your head in if you take any notice of it).

To some that might seem a frivolous, time-wasting thing to do, to be really and truly grateful. It isn't though. It makes a world of difference.
Posted by onthebeach, Wednesday, 13 May 2015 3:55:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I would like to thank all for the input.
Housoes has a lot to explain.
The job i have i walk ave 25kms per day. I do have a veggie garden, 60 lettuce ready in 6 weeks, also 9 chickens. I have been seeking extra work mowing lawns, as i have no problem building a lawnmower from scrap parts. My missus mows lawns now, well only 3. The 23 yr old is doing bricklaying apprentiship. The disabled 17 yr old is looking for work as a labourer, he is great.
I will not work for cash, everything legit. honesty is the best policy.
Live in the illawarra. 45yrs old.
I hope this is the correct way to respond.
thanks again
Posted by seanw, Wednesday, 13 May 2015 7:15:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
seanw,

Yes, it is the correct way to respond.

Now, how to get you into some new skills training is the problem eg light machinery operator. Your walking job doesn't sound as though there is any way up from it.

Any particular interests/passions you have that you have always wanted to have a shot at but haven't got around to? Maybe light machinery operation or something? Anyone you can go to to get advice?
Posted by onthebeach, Wednesday, 13 May 2015 9:17:58 PM
Hi again SEANW...

Indeed a great response. You sound as if you're not idly standing by and allowing the grass to grow beneath your feet ! You seem to have a very industrious streak within you my friend, and good on you for that ! So I'm sure everyone here, will want to wish you all the luck in the world, in your strong desire to better yourself, not only for your own benefit, but for the long term welfare of your family. Good luck to you Sean !
Posted by o sung wu, Wednesday, 13 May 2015 9:58:18 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Not clear if you won the custody case and if it was over the disabled kid. If it was you should get child support. If not you should be paying child support and THAT is a total disincentive for working.

But you will be getting a good family allowance for the kid I take it?
Posted by LittleOzemailPensioner, Thursday, 14 May 2015 12:32:29 PM
oooops sorry, I had only read to bottom of page 1 [drat the way this forum is set up] and you went on to explain later - so ignore last post
Posted by LittleOzemailPensioner, Thursday, 14 May 2015 12:37:53 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy