The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Selling Our Assets

Selling Our Assets

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Selling something that does not belong to you used to be called steeling or fencing stolen property.

Where did all levels of government get the right to sell 'steal‘ our, yours and my property, paid for out of our taxes and the taxes of previous generations of tax payers.

Public assets such as water, electricity, telephone, railways, etc are just that public property owned by the people of Australia. Now most of these assets that were there for the benefit of all Australians is now private property owned mostly by multinationals whose only interest is profit.

I would like our elected members of Local, State, and Federal governments to tell us where they obtained the right to sell OUR assets?
Posted by People power, Monday, 4 June 2007 3:26:19 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
peoplepower, old lad, it breaks my heart to tell you:

we don't live in a democracy. most ozzies don't know it, no reason why you should. but it's true.

the word is commonly used here, google 'newspeak' and 'doublethink' to discover why. sorry, mate.

the people who do own our land call themselves politicians, and us, citizens. but in oldspeak, that would be graziers, and cattle.
Posted by DEMOS, Monday, 4 June 2007 5:40:41 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Wasn't it the "people" that sunk the snowy hydro privatisation bid? Our govt's sway with public sentiment. At least we're not dragged away in the middle of the night if we disagree with our leaders.
Posted by rojo, Monday, 4 June 2007 9:11:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
actually, rojo, i believe police now have the legal license to do so. a consequence of the war on terrorism.

there is a wide spectrum of behavior possible in human societies. even saddam's government was tolerable by most iraqi's, as long as they kept their heads down. same here.

the australian constitution was a description of power sharing among the state governments, federal government, and the crown as the nominal source of legitimacy. it did not establish democracy, and consequently there was no need for a bill of rights. people without power have no rights, but must rely on the favor of those who do. so don't make the prime minister angry, mate, or you'll serve time before your trial, not after. if they bother with a trial, of course.
Posted by DEMOS, Tuesday, 5 June 2007 11:15:04 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
DEMOS has put his name forward to be considered the most ignorant person on OLO.

Making a comparison that Saddam’s government is in some way better then Australia.....

Wow demos idea of democracy is getting everything his way and everybody seeing things the way he see it. In other words demos wishes that he could be a dictator.

I happen to have no problem with privatization. The government can spend the money it gets on things like health care and education and public companies run these enteritis more efficiently then the government does anyway so it’s a win win situation
Posted by EasyTimes, Tuesday, 5 June 2007 12:47:39 PM
Haa ! How about the government auctioning the radio spectrum to mobile
phone companies for billions of dollars ?

It is the same as selling daylight, just the frequency is different.

I was surprised at the spectrum auctions that no one asked the
government to prove title.
Posted by Bazz, Tuesday, 5 June 2007 2:03:33 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy