The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What's Good and What's Bad about Life in Australia?

What's Good and What's Bad about Life in Australia?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. All
Hi FOXY...

With all the whinging I go on about Australia, there's not a place on this entire planet, better to live, to work, raise a family and have the opportunity to cultivate so many marvellous friendships !

It's not Oz I whinge about, rather the character, and the integrity of many of our political leaders, that tends to push my buttons. Everything else is amazingly brilliant ! The weather, our beautiful harbour, our many diverse sporting teams, our stunning flora and exotic fauna, everything is perfect, we're so immensely fortunate to live here.

The only imperfection(s) that I can readily identify is us, ourselves the population at large ? I naturally include my own many deficiencies amongst those imperfections. Whinging about this, complaining about that, all that pessimism must have an detrimental impact upon those poor souls who have to listen to my incessant grumbling, that generally has nothing remotely to do with the immense bounty this beautiful, 'lucky' country has provided us all.

Gee we're so lucky to live in this amazing country of ours, and after all, we're only custodians, therefore it's up to us to protect and nurture everything that's so good, and so splendid about living here, in this still mysterious, great brown land, Australia !
Posted by o sung wu, Friday, 13 March 2015 1:14:39 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear O Sung Wu,

What a beautiful post and sentiments.

Thank You so much, you've made my day!

I've just received an equally lovely email
from a friend of mine who was telling me how
beautiful Autumn is in the area
where she lives - with the
various colours of leaves on her trees.
With the mushrooms sprouting everywhere.
Mother nature is grand at this time of year.

It's human nature to complain from time to time.
But its important to count our blessings - and there
certainly are plenty of those in this country for which
we can all be grateful - that's for sure.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 13 March 2015 2:06:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi (again) FOXY...

Sometimes we all need to pause a moment or two, just to count our many blessings, blessings so numerous, we'd probably lose count before we had the opportunity to calculate them all ? Indeed, we do live in the 'lucky country' ! Take care FOXY.
Posted by o sung wu, Friday, 13 March 2015 8:44:00 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear O Sung Wu,

Bless You My Friend!
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 13 March 2015 9:32:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy