The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Oh Dear, another child marriage

Oh Dear, another child marriage

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. 11
  10. All
Today the media reports on another child marriage and the older groom has been charged. This comes shortly after another well publicised case involving a 12yo girl.

When will the muslim community stop flaunting our laws and social standards? Here a doctor suggests that there are at least 60 child brides in Sydney alone, so it is no exaggeration to say our laws are being flaunted.

http://www.theage.com.au/nsw/hotline-plan-to-help-hidden-child-brides-in-sydney-20140302-33sqm.html

Then yesterday we read that 40 Australian girls have gone to the ME to be brides for the fighters there, which is against our laws.

On top of this there are some 30 males that have returned from fighting in the ME and are at large in the community with apparent impunity.

This is the price we pay for multiculturalism

One wonders when the government will take a realistic stance and stop further muslim immigration.
Posted by Banjo, Thursday, 26 February 2015 3:28:19 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
come on Banjo show some tolerance.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 26 February 2015 6:55:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Banjo,

Accepting that a small part of the immigration into Australia has come from countries with a prevalence of child brides then it is a given by accepting these people, many as refugees, we have shielded the vast majority from that fate. I am proud of my country giving these girls a chance of enjoying a full childhood they might not otherwise been permitted to have. Why doesn't that make you proud as well?

Dear runner,

If I believed for one moment you had a Christian regard for any of these girls I would take you seriously. You sir do not so I don't.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Thursday, 26 February 2015 10:41:28 PM
Both families should be shipped back to wherever they came from.

They are not fit to live here.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 27 February 2015 1:03:56 AM
The problem stems from a lack of donkeys in Sydney.
Posted by 579, Friday, 27 February 2015 7:26:34 AM
"The problem stems from a lack of donkeys in Sydney"

Perhaps they should move to Canberra!
Posted by Is Mise, Friday, 27 February 2015 7:33:15 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. 11
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy