The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Cops. Wrong people in top jobs.

Cops. Wrong people in top jobs.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. 15
  10. All
How many saw the disgusting effort yesterday, when the whole Queensland police force sat back watching a couple of armed thugs, hijacking car after car on a rampage around Brisbane?

Did you notice the complete lack of police action? They sat on their butts, watching the chopper footage, but making no effort whatsoever to stop these potential killers.

They left it to the NSW cops, not all that well led themselves in recent events, to do Queensland cops job for them.

It appears that the top cop jobs are now filled with high heel wearing academic cops, when it is hobnailed boots that are needed.

Time to get out the broom, sweep out these lily livered police commissioners & deputy commissioners, & get some muscle back on the street. Our no pursuit policy, is making our streets a free zone for crooks & hoons.

Currently our traffic cops are only of use to hide in the bushes, to extract money from decent citizens by traffic fines, but are totally useless when it comes to protecting those same motorists from real criminals. Get rid of these dead heads at head office, & give the working cops a chance to do their job.
Posted by Hasbeen, Saturday, 7 February 2015 8:40:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
to busy getting ready to march at Mardi Gra. Just ask Christine Nixon in Victoria.
Posted by runner, Sunday, 8 February 2015 6:47:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Good evening to you HASBEEN...

You'll not get any argument from me my friend ? The massive changes I've witnessed in NSW, from when I first joined till my retirement has been positively breathtaking ? Not entirely the fault of the executive command either.

As you're well aware it's the politicians who orchestrate policing policies generally, always with one eye on their fiscal strategy as well ? The age old question; why do police continually dedicate so much of their time on mandated traffic law, when the real criminals seem able to roam around with relative immunity ? Revenue my friend and more revenue !

This bleating about lowering the road toll is only a part of the overall strategy in the grand scheme of things. Governments are always on the lookout for further revenue streams ? A HWP officer can write up a couple of thousand dollars worth of penalties in the space of just a couple of hours, if he has a mind to. They wheel a mug, do him for excessive speed, unroadworthy vehicle, etc. etc. and the 'traffic infringement book' will 'ring' like a pub cash register on a busy Saturday afternoon ! Mate it's truly wicked, and it puts the coppers in a very bad light, as unofficial revenue raisers.

HASBEEN it's no wonder the public harbour such a low opinion of police per se. Their house has just had a 'bust', takes nearly an hour for someone in blue to take the complaint and view the break in, and that's the last you'll hear of your property ? Five clicks over the posted speed limit, 'whamo' a couple of hundred bucks fine, thank you very much, have a nice day !
Posted by o sung wu, Sunday, 8 February 2015 8:21:02 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Hasbeen,

According to The Australian newspaper the police
chase that you're referring to has now re-ignited
Queenland's police "No-Pursuit Policy."
This 4 hour high-speed chase that took place from
Southern Queensland to Northern NSW has once again
brought this policy up and the police union is
extremely critical of the policy. It is the
policy that is being criticised - not the police force.

A Queensland police helicopter tracked the men in their
blue Mitsubishi Lancer for at least 2 hours as it hurled
down the motorway at speeds of more than 150km/h.

The car was eventually stopped when NSW police used road
spikes to puncture its tyres after being warned of its
impending arrival.

The policy was introduced in Queensland in 2012 following
a coronial inquiry that investigated the deaths of 10
people during police pursuits over a 4 year period.

Don't be so critical of the Queensland police officers
who were simply doing their job under rather difficult
conditions in this case.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 8 February 2015 10:59:48 PM
The NSW Parliamentary Inquiry presently being conducted into police bugging operations back in 1999 to 2001 has revealed sinister conduct by some who are now NSW's top cops. Commissioner Scipione and two Deperty Commissioner's Cath Burn and Nick Kaldas have all have to front the inquiry. The most worrying claim is from Kaldas that he was improperly and possibly illegally bugged by other police during an operation whose team leader was Burn with Scipione in overall control.
The inquire itself which was set up by the combined vote of Labor, The Greens and The Shooters has come under extreme political pressure. The Chairperson of the inquiry Robert Borsak (Shooters Party) has accused Attorney-General Brad Hazzard (Liberal Party) of trying to "cajole", "threaten" and "bribe" him into not conducting the inquiry and has referred Hazzard to the corruption watchdog. This in itself is a most serious accusation. The question remains, what is going on at the top of the New South Wales police force?

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/background-parliamentary-inquiry-into-the-nsw-police-bugging-scandal-20150129-1311gh.html

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/shooters-and-fishers-mp-robert-borsak-attorneygeneral-brad-hazzard-tried-to-bribe-me-over-police-bugging-inquiry-20150128-130p68.htm
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 9 February 2015 6:57:23 AM
Foxy my sweet, I am sorry if I gave the impression I was complaining about the cop on the beet, or in the cars, quite the contrary. It is the head office brigade, who continually make it harder for the flat foot to do the job, I'm complaining about.

It appears the head office crowd are like a deer fixed in your car headlights, doing absolutely nothing, in total fear of getting it wrong. They would rather do nothing right, than ever get something wrong.

There was no police chase, as their should have been, just chopper surveillance. Even that required TV chopper help, when the police thing needed refueling.

There were plenty of places to interdict the crims, with little danger to anyone but the crims. Surely they should be fair game. However the boss cops are frightened of criticism by the bleeding heart brigade, if they even spoil the crims hairdo.

We need to get back to old world policing. Protect the public by taking out the bad guy, quick time, in the quickest easiest & safest way for the cops concerned. If that means no more bad guy, great, saves a heap of legal aid, & court costs.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 9 February 2015 1:55:51 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. 15
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy