The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Government Authority needed; Individuals be permitted to carry a weapon for self protection ?

Government Authority needed; Individuals be permitted to carry a weapon for self protection ?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 17
  7. 18
  8. 19
  9. Page 20
  10. 21
  11. All
G'day there JAYB...

Unfortunately I believe you're right my friend ? We are living in very troubled times and the availability of illicit weapons is a distinct possibility these days, more so then forty or fifty years ago ? So I hope can remember how to strip down your M16 or SLR, 'cause the time draws nigh, when you may have to be able to do so, I should think ?
Posted by o sung wu, Wednesday, 28 January 2015 1:45:45 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
chrisgaff1000, "Unfortunately there are far too many idiots and nut cases in the public arena to allow them to carry a weapon"

Where do police recruits come from?
Posted by onthebeach, Wednesday, 28 January 2015 2:37:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"Unfortunately there are far too many idiots and nut cases in the public arena to allow them to carry a weapon"

OTBG: Where do police recruits come from?

Whats left.
Posted by Jayb, Wednesday, 28 January 2015 2:57:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
To reiterate where I am coming from, my interest is in government obtaining the very best value for money from the taxes extracted from the public.

The rhetoric of gun control is so flawed as to be laughable nonsense.

Billions of dollars of taxpayers' money have been wasted on creating mountains of bureaucratic paperwork, for instance a gun registry that is reliably wrong and doesn't record illegal firearms anyhow. Howard's 'gun control' directs scant police resources onto monitoring the very people known to be reliable and law-abiding, which are those with the licences and training.

Meanwhile the most ardent supporters of gun control, the feckless Greens, are presently campaigning in Queensland to reverse laws that are working very effectively to disrupt the outlaw motorcycle gangs responsible for major drug trafficking and violence.
Posted by onthebeach, Wednesday, 28 January 2015 3:42:42 PM
ONTHEBEACH...

We've had this discussion before ! The gun laws, whether flawed or not, come from the politicians - OK ! If you reckon you can do better, stand for parliament ! Mate, you're attitude towards police per se is wearing real thin my friend. I couldn't give a toss whether you're trying to get value for dollar or not. First, you must identify the 'correct' target ? And on this issue you're not even on the cardboard !
Posted by o sung wu, Wednesday, 28 January 2015 3:49:46 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
o sung wu,

With respect, you are misinterpreting criticism of policy as criticism of the police.
Posted by onthebeach, Wednesday, 28 January 2015 4:10:53 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 17
  7. 18
  8. 19
  9. Page 20
  10. 21
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy